Newest Member
    joxey
March 1-3 -NAO Comeback Coastal Discussion/OBS

The Iceman

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

45F at midnight, now down to 39F...don't think I'll drop much below that. Light rain/drizzle atm. Hope the trash collectors come by soon so I get get everything into the garage before the winds kink in.

My trash guys just came and I took them up...was a tad worried about that myself. Put a couple bricks in each one as I don't want to see them flying down the street later. (cow in "Twister")

39.6F/rain

My trash guys just came and I took them up...was a tad worried about that myself. Put a couple bricks in each one as I don't want to see them flying down the street later. (cow in "Twister")
39.6F/rain
When are we expected to see the uptick in winds here? I thought guidance was showing after 10AM correct? Dead calm right now 37F.

Just now, JTA66 said:

45F at midnight, now down to 39F...don't think I'll drop much below that. Light rain/drizzle atm. Hope the trash collectors come by soon so I get get everything into the garage before the winds kink in.

Took mine out early this morning (pickup is usually around 6:30 am) and brought the can back, although so far not to windy here, maybe 15 to 20 mph gusts max. And yeah I sure hope you get below 39F. There's a warm bubble over eastern PA at 925 mb that should pull east and get sucked into the vortex as the morning goes on.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:
2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:
39.6F/rain

When are we expected to see the uptick in winds here? I thought guidance was showing after 10AM correct? Dead calm right now 37F.

I noticed within the past half-hour they picked up pretty aggressively. (it was calm here earlier as well) I would think by 11am-noon we'll see some nice gust...

I swear I was mixing wet flakes and sleet on my way to work from levittown to Trenton but I couldn't tell once I parked in the garage. Thought change over was suppose to happen way later..like noonish or 1.Temp is 37 rn. Haven't noticed any wind yet. I think radar looks great for dynamic cooling. Especially for central Jersey and extreme se pa. I'm wondering how the good banding ticks west before stopping though. That point is where the best totals around here will be outside of elevation areas.

I swear I was mixing wet flakes and sleet on my way to work from levittown to Trenton but I couldn't tell once I parked in the garage. Thought change over was suppose to happen way later..like noonish or 1.Temp is 37 rn. Haven't noticed any wind yet. I think radar looks great for dynamic cooling. Especially for central Jersey and extreme se pa. I'm wondering how the good banding ticks west before stopping though. That point is where the best totals around here will be outside of elevation areas.
NAM was consistently signaling changeover between 7-10am for most the past several runs. Havent looked to see if that had changed or not tbh.

22 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Dynamic cooling began immediately once that band in western NJ began to cross into PA. Rain slowly beginning to transition over to snow in East Stroudsburg. Wind really picking up too. 

And just like that, heavy snow with already a coating on grassy surfaces. Keep in mind I’m at one of the lowest elevations of the Poconos...it wasn’t supposed to change over until late morning/early afternoon.

So looking at radar there is a great band moving sw pivoting into the area. may be the one that changes folks over..will be interesting to watch. excuse the crude drawing but anyone in the arrows direction should see a changeover in the next hour imo if we are going to changeover dynamically..

5a995d0e1b7dc_possiblechangeoverband.PNG.82e2f9a25e5413f558197b1ef2af2d2f.PNG

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
9 minutes ago, wkd said:
Both 12z nams still showing decent snow.

What areas? Still 4"+ SE PA?

still a blue bomber for se pa 4"...plus doesnt change most of us over til 16-17z which is likely the absolutely latest imo as I see most of us changing in a hour tops..

Just now, The Iceman said:

still a blue bomber for se pa 4"...plus doesnt change most of us over til 16-17z which is likely the absolutely latest imo as I see most of us changing in a hour tops..

namconus_asnow_neus_9.png

nam3km_asnow_neus_25.png

important to note both models seem to change over areas later than what is occurring. temps across the board have already busted in the early hours of the run...

So looking at radar there is a great band moving sw pivoting into the area. may be the one that changes folks over..will be interesting to watch. excuse the crude drawing but anyone in the arrows direction should see a changeover in the next hour imo if we are going to changeover dynamically..

5a995d0e1b7dc_possiblechangeoverband.PNG.82e2f9a25e5413f558197b1ef2af2d2f.PNG

Mentioned that band earlier as being the dynamic catalyst and as per obs seems to be about right. Hopefully it continues to pivot/push WSW! :-)

38F here with mainly light rain. Looks like we'll need slightly heavier returns to change over here. Hopefully as the low loops in the next few hours the heavier banding can shift west. North and Central New Jersey look to be getting nailed nicely right now. Winds here have picked up in the last hour or so.

eta: actually snow is mixing in a bit again as I'm typing this.

Archived