Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Jan/Feb 2018

MAG5035

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Voyager said:

More rain than I expected at this point in time. Already up to 1.25" as of 7:50am. Rates this morning have, at times, been at the one inch/hour mark.

There is a break in the action but wow did it dump here in Harrisburg. I had a customer call me to say he wasn't coming as he heard streets were flooded in Harrisburg, which i have not heard or confirmed by anyone else???

street cleaning in full effect down here.  

Looking at overnight GEFS/GEPS at 500, looks like a couple pulses into the 40's, one this fri/sat and then another mid/late next week, but nothing unbearable.  Days in between are 30's, so I can live with that.  Precip shows a wet time ahead, and once into superbowl weekend, a much more favorable pattern with a longwave trough setting up that would potentially deliver the goods (verbatim).  GEPS shows a little more central based, but a compromise of the two....is the money shot.

11 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Looking at overnight GEFS/GEPS at 500, looks like a couple pulses into the 40's, one this fri/sat and then another mid/late next week, but nothing unbearable.  Days in between are 30's, so I can live with that.  Precip shows a wet time ahead, and once into superbowl weekend, a much more favorable pattern with a longwave trough setting up that would potentially deliver the goods (verbatim).  GEPS shows a little more central based, but a compromise of the two....is the money shot.

Yeah, Horst is targeting the period of 2/4 - 2/14 for a potential pattern change back to winter. He also states that change could last about 2-3 weeks. Let's hope we get some chances...that's all we can ask for.

Who am I kidding? I don't want chances. I want all of us to be buried! 

Funny enough I never liked them growing up and now like them more because all the degenerate Eagles fans. ;) That said I don't watch or care about the NFL ever since the entire deflategate thing, haven't watched a game in years. Won't watch the SB. 

Also they undersold the rain. I had 1.5" at 7:45 a.m., lots of street flooding around HBG.

8 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Yeah, Horst is targeting the period of 2/4 - 2/14 for a potential pattern change back to winter. He also states that change could last about 2-3 weeks. Let's hope we get some chances...that's all we can ask for.

well I'm glad he agrees with me.........:P

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

Funny enough I never liked them growing up and now like them more because all the degenerate Eagles fans. ;) That said I don't watch or care about the NFL ever since the entire deflategate thing, haven't watched a game in years. Won't watch the SB. 

Also they undersold the rain. I had 1.5" at 7:45 a.m., lots of street flooding around HBG.

lolol...So....this degenerate is wondering why you are rooting for the very team that is the reason for you not watching the NFL?

1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

My employment lay off will be coming to an end next Monday and I will be back to driving after orientation. I guess I'm going to have to ask my dispatcher to run me south for a few weeks...lol

Well like i said, from what i saw, its a nice pattern that should have us on the right side for some.  Not seeing a STJ connection, and we dont want it any further south, or its more suppression depression.  Saw that the weeklies look good starthing week 2 and right through the end.  :).

2 hours ago, pasnownut said:

So you're saying i may have a little time to catch up on cutting and splitting my firewood? 

This weather drives me nuts. With the ground being thawed out saturated, my dog just rips it up. Though the little warm up from the cold we had is nice,  the ground needs to be frozen in January, just sayin. 

3 hours ago, canderson said:

I fear how Eagles fans will react if they win the Super Bowl.

I fear how Eagles fans will react if they lose the Super Bowl. 

I fear how Eagles fans will react if they win the Super Bowl.

I fear how Eagles fans will react if they lose the Super Bowl. 

I think the generalization of us Eagles fans is a bit much, and noone I know is what you all worry about. 

Are there going to be some crazies...sure. 

Are there more than any other team....maybe

Are you going to hear about everything that happens.....ABSOLUTELY!  That because, many of us have friends that go to games and we see it first hand through social media. My point...I'm not linked to any team that I really dont care for, and most of what goes on with them never lights up my phone...nor do i care, cause they arent in my back yard.

But I'd still think it not much different than any other team.  I think it is worse for them because they are the "home" team by default, and if you dont root for them....you root against them.

Penn State has the same "issues" with their fans.  Again, the "home" team, so we hear about it.  Im guessin any of you that like PSU and not Eagles are fine with what goes on in Happy Valley.  Think about it.

If someone has stats to proove/disproove my opinion, I'd love to see it.  

37 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I think the generalization of us Eagles fans is a bit much, and noone I know is what you all worry about. 

Are you going to hear about everything that happens.....ABSOLUTELY!  That because, many of us have friends that go to games and we see it first hand through social media. My point...I'm not linked to any team that I really dont care for, and most of what goes on with them never lights up my phone...nor do i care, cause they arent in my back yard.

But I'd still think it not much different than any other team.  I think it is worse for them because they are the "home" team by default, and if you dont root for them....you root against them.

Penn State has the same "issues" with their fans.  Again, the "home" team, so we hear about it.  Im guessin any of you that like PSU and not Eagles are fine with what goes on in Happy Valley.  Think about it.

I agree 100% with what I bolded in your quote. What makes it so bad for Eagles fans is the media (and social media's) preoccupation with Philadelphia fans simply on their notoriety. They booed Santa Claus and had that big snowball incident. Both of those caught the eye of the national media because of the extraordinary acts that they were. Are Phiily fans passionate about their teams? Yes. But I have no doubt that what happens in Philly happens all over. It's just not front page news like it is when it happens in Philly.

Oh, and I have 1.79 inches of rain from today's event...lol

i have never witnessed that behavior at a PSU game. I'm not saying it doesn't happen though. I've been around to a lot of football stadiums and even more baseball stadiums from A ball all the way up MLB and i've never witnessed anything like i saw coming out of Philly this past weekend. 

I'll add, my daughter graduates from the M-Ville in May and as her graduation gift ask for us to take her west, to Knock 3 more stadiums off her list (Cubs, White Sox and Brewers)

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

i have never witnessed that behavior at a PSU game. I'm not saying it doesn't happen though. I've been around to a lot of football stadiums and even more baseball stadiums from A ball all the way up MLB and i've never witnessed anything like i saw coming out of Philly this past weekend. 

I'll add, my daughter graduates from the M-Ville in May and as her graduation gift ask for us to take her west, to Knock 3 more stadiums off her list (Cubs, White Sox and Brewers)

http://www.phillyvoice.com/rioting-penn-state-fans-cause-estimated-18000-damages/

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/gallery/news/collection_139d753c-98ea-11e6-ac6e-7b3510d3ce00.html

check this one out for some good photos. http://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/campus/article_55e0adc6-b9e0-11e6-9340-5bccbc79a8fc.html

and full disclosure, I'm a big PSU fan.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

I agree 100% with what I bolded in your quote. What makes it so bad for Eagles fans is the media (and social media's) preoccupation with Philadelphia fans simply on their notoriety. They booed Santa Claus and had that big snowball incident. Both of those caught the eye of the national media because of the extraordinary acts that they were. Are Phiily fans passionate about their teams? Yes. But I have no doubt that what happens in Philly happens all over. It's just not front page news like it is when it happens in Philly.

Oh, and I have 1.79 inches of rain from today's event...lol

couldnt agree more.  yeah a couple incidents do stick out though and I wouldnt argue that for a second. (who doesnt love Santa right??)

check my other posts/links.  Some folks may hide behind their keyboards when they read them.

just sayin'

3 hours ago, pasnownut said:

I'm sure ready for more winter weather, how about you? :)

I'll just say that in principle, you're absolutely right. Still, I'd like to share my own personal perspective from over 40 years of attending football games. (First NFL and PSU games I attended date back to the mid 1970s)

I've been to about 2 dozen Eagles games and about 18 Steelers games. For the record, I'm a Jags fan. So I had a lot of fun at Heinz Field this fall. 

Saying that, the only time I've felt uncomfortable in Pittsburgh was at last year's game against New England. Just happened to be sitting in the immediate presence of some very inebriated fans who made for a long afternoon with my wife and son. Most times in Pittsburgh (my experience) has been one where i would not hesitate to take my own daughter.

Most of my Eagles games were at the south Philly dump, otherwise known as Veterans Stadium. I witnessed brawls, public urination, fans falling down the steps in the seating bowl, fans jumping and hitting my car in the lots after the game, etc. And that was more common than not. Also - at most of those games I wore an Eagles shirt. (I didn't follow the Jags until the last decade or so) Honestly, this is why I stopped going and soured on Philly. It just wasn't a fun fan experience. I will say that the Link has been a bit better than the Vet. 

I've also been to Happy Valley for MANY games (probably close to 50 now) and never experienced anything out of line inside of Beaver Stadium. In the lots before the game...um, I've been around a few folks that had a stomach ailment resulting from their beverage choices. But on the whole things have always felt very safe around myself and my family. 

All it takes is a couple of people, and you'll find at least that in every sporting venue these days. 

47 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Brother, i'm not saying you're wrong, i'm just saying ive never seen it :) 

No worries pal.  I know you werent.  I guess i should have stated that.  

I was between meetings and just multitasking in an abrevieated fashion.....hehehe   :P

13 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

I'm sure ready for more winter weather, how about you? :)

I'll just say that in principle, you're absolutely right. Still, I'd like to share my own personal perspective from over 40 years of attending football games. (First NFL and PSU games I attended date back to the mid 1970s)

I've been to about 2 dozen Eagles games and about 18 Steelers games. For the record, I'm a Jags fan. So I had a lot of fun at Heinz Field this fall. 

Saying that, the only time I've felt uncomfortable in Pittsburgh was at last year's game against New England. Just happened to be sitting in the immediate presence of some very inebriated fans who made for a long afternoon with my wife and son. Most times in Pittsburgh (my experience) has been one where i would not hesitate to take my own daughter.

Most of my Eagles games were at the south Philly dump, otherwise known as Veterans Stadium. I witnessed brawls, public urination, fans falling down the steps in the seating bowl, fans jumping and hitting my car in the lots after the game, etc. And that was more common than not. Also - at most of those games I wore an Eagles shirt. (I didn't follow the Jags until the last decade or so) Honestly, this is why I stopped going and soured on Philly. It just wasn't a fun fan experience. I will say that the Link has been a bit better than the Vet. 

I've also been to Happy Valley for MANY games (probably close to 50 now) and never experienced anything out of line inside of Beaver Stadium. In the lots before the game...um, I've been around a few folks that had a stomach ailment resulting from their beverage choices. But on the whole things have always felt very safe around myself and my family. 

All it takes is a couple of people, and you'll find at least that in every sporting venue these days. 

I've only been to a few eagles games, and most at the Vet, and I was with a Cowboy fan who proudly(dumbly-hehe) wore his Aikman Jersey in w/ pride.  I watched an annebriated fan get oh about......2" from his nostrils and shout some pretty loud profanities in his grill. 

To your point, if you mix alcohol with ANY venue, i think it fair to say that noone can claim our drunks are better than your drunks....I think the Eagle fans are NOT lacking in spirit, but like the posts above show, were not alone.

and yes, I look forward to tracking some weather, but the lull is in full effect, so hey what else we got to do.

Morning all,

Happy Frickin Hump Day!

Looking at overnights and still looks like we have 2 warmish pulses to work through centered around Sat and next Thurs.  From there we look to get the cold back in a more workable fashion, but buyer beware, as AO/PNA/EPO/MJO are looking better, NAO is still struggling to help, so while the storm factory may get brewing, we still may get cut by any strong storms.  still a much better pattern than were we are (which isnt horrid, but not a snow lovers delight either)

Sauss, I'll be getting the chainsaws out as well, as its time for me to start cutting for next season ( I typically cut/split 5qds/yr). 

Nut 

Archived