• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheNiño
    Newest Member
    TheNiño

Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

Damn this is close, looks like I'm on the right side of the line. Moderate snow since 8pm with no signs of mixing, inch is on the ground but the accumulation is slacking a bit. Winds are starting to get gusty. Location is the town center of Va Beach

2 minutes ago, Coldrain said:

Change over occurred here in Great Bridge/Hickory area of Chesapeake about 40 minutes ago. 32.5° About a half-inch on the ground so far. 

Did u have rain for a little while?  That would be encouraging that the line is shifting east

5 minutes ago, VBsurf said:

Did u have rain for a little while?  That would be encouraging that the line is shifting east

Sure did. It waffled back and forth for about and hour and a half between rain, sleet, and snow before it finally stayed snow. 

9 minutes ago, Coldrain said:

Sure did. It waffled back and forth for about and hour and a half between rain, sleet, and snow before it finally stayed snow. 

Exact same report here in Lake Shores, 1.5" on the ground now.

Off and on fine flurries in RVA. But someone posted radar in the obs thread that seems to show the western edge of the precip racing back east. Seems concerning for those that are hoping for something here.

4 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

street/Car/deck dusting.. light/steady snow.. Glen Allen 295 staples mill

This! We must be neighbors lol. I live off of Staples Mill at Montpellier a couple miles from there the Wawa and Bojangles are on Staples Mill. And go Eagles!! 

Snowing Heavy in P-Town(Portsmouth) no mixing all night so far been coming down since 8:30. Pushing around 2.5 in, small flakes tho. The radar downstream looks unreal if that's all snow, somebody is getting 1' plus. 

Heading down to Norfolk/ Chesapeake tomorrow night from nova to do some plowing.  Looks like I'll have a couple days worth lol.  If anyone knows of any lots needing done , give on-time towing a call and we will get it done! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SoCoWx said:

Western edge seems to have pulled east a good bit looking at the radar. It’s snowing pretty good in Richmond, though. Hopefully it’ll continue.

I had the same thought but look af the last two returns on the radar and I’ll see a push back westerly is occurring. Here we go!

Just now, ATreglown said:

DSq7FXMVAAAnSyf.jpg

Theta-E changes over the past six hours pointing the way. Intense system. Pushing into the MIDATL coastline. Heavy snow shortly.

From Cranky