• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Rowdy2x
    Newest Member
    Rowdy2x

Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

12 hours ago, VBsurf said:

Odds we get bumped up to a Blizzard Warning?  Interesting we have a gale watch right off the coast.  Really cant see another scenario of lower pressure, stronger winds or heavier precip than what is being shown.

Congrats, looks awesome down your way.

I am in an advisory.. lol.. I was in a meeting at work and missed the last update. I guess the nws is saying that this could be the biggest event of the year.

ANZ920-040830-
 Baltimore Canyon to 69W east of 1000 fm and south of 38.5N to
 250 nm offshore-
 353 PM EST Wed Jan 3 2018

HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING

TONIGHT
 E to SE winds 5 to 15 kt, increasing to 45 to 60 kt. Seas
 2 to 4 ft, building to 11 to 18 ft. Rain with VSBY 1 nm or less.

THU
 Winds increasing to N to NW 55 to 65 kt, then becoming W to
 NW 55 to 70 kt. Seas building to 22 to 37 ft. Rain with VSBY 1 nm or
 less.

I had moderate snow here about 1.5 miles East of ORF b/n 3:00 - 3:20 this afternoon, just enough to turn the driveway and yard white. Hunkered down and ready for some big snowfall later tonight. I noticed WAVY finally upped the totals for this storm to 8" - 10". WoooHooooo!!!!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fishallot said:

I had moderate snow here about 1.5 miles East of ORF b/n 3:00 - 3:20 this afternoon, just enough to turn the driveway and yard white. Hunkered down and ready for some big snowfall later tonight. I noticed WAVY finally upped the totals for this storm to 8" - 10". WoooHooooo!!!!! 

Can't believe Hampton Roads is in a great position to cash in on some good snows!  Awaiting, will be up most of the night. 

• Like 2

Mix of SN and IP just started ramping up near Town Center of Virginia Beach. There is just over a dusting on the ground, depending on the surface. Let's get this 8-12 tonight.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VBsurf said:

Rain where I am in 23456. My parents in town center area said it has been all snow with a dusting so far.

Interesting, it's just snowing in town center and approaching an inch. Weird how it's raining just a few miles south

22 minutes ago, EverythingisEverything said:

This mix is going to kill us here in VB.  

Yea tell me about it.  Its been all rain here near Red Mill, Virginia Beach 23456.  Only good thing is I know we will go to snow eventually but hoping before midnight.

6 minutes ago, VBsurf said:

Yea tell me about it.  Its been all rain here near Red Mill, Virginia Beach 23456.  Only good thing is I know we will go to snow eventually but hoping before midnight.

it snowing heavy all around us Ches Norfolk Portsmouth, but that rain line is right in va beach.   

Change over occurred here in Great Bridge/Hickory area of Chesapeake about 40 minutes ago. 32.5° About a half-inch on the ground so far.