Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

20 minutes ago, RVASnowLover said:

Right now I’m focusing more on the ensembles. The OPS are all over the place. GFS is drunk. Now is over-amplified and gets rain inland. At this stage the ensembles are the way to go.  GFS ensembles were good  

Very Good!!   GEFS look great!! 

5 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Tend to agree with the snow to rain senecios.. I haven't been a believer in this storm for this area from the beginning.  I thought we miss out it.. Hopefully I'm wrong but don't like the sudden shift north.. That's usually the kiss of death for us this early...we will see

Still way to early to get excited about it. Things will continue to change. As of now though both the gfs and euro ensembles look good. And as always here with coastal storms you have to worry about warm air aloft and the dreaded dry slot. We’ll see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RVASnowLover said:

Still way to early to get excited about it. Things will continue to change. As of now though both the gfs and euro ensembles look good. And as always here with coastal storms you have to worry about warm air aloft and the dreaded dry slot. We’ll see. 

Imagine we get less than we got last year, while places north get double... I don’t want to think about it.

2 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

Imagine we get less than we got last year, while places north get double... I don’t want to think about it.

Ummm, That's normally what happens  around here..We definitely aren't a snow belt.

We are just about half way there to beating last year's total already... lol

The end of the month still looks decent, even if we miss out from the next one ..

• Like 1

Flash freeze is a thing that really about never happens here. I think best case for us is a few inches of snow, some sleet and then hope for a dry slot or drizzle instead of pouring rain. Not like some huge rush of cold air is coming behind this. This stinks as we are so cold prior to the storm- but it’s also a very common RVA area situation. Is what it is 

• Like 1

I agree, I don't think it's going to be a flash freeze either but depending on the timing and precip it could get messy for a period of time ..

Most likely case right now is  snow, to mix, to rain.. How long of each is the unanswered question that remains.

Track is going to make all the difference.

I personally can see a quick burst of snow then a sleet fest to rain... Being the most likely outcome.

Then a possibility of scattered ice on Monday night, for whatever is left remaining on the roads .. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JB Fins said:

Ho hum, well, when you see our thread dead for 17 hours, you know that we don't have a lot of posters in our thread and two, we don't expect too much this Sunday.

I guess that beats when our thread is dead from March to November.

Yeah…this will be a miss for us. Maybe we get 1-3 before we changeover. Not excited about this one at all. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rhino16 said:

I know it’s early, but I can’t get rid of this feeling that we do worse than last year. Future still looks good though so I’ll remain hopeful.

Overall pattern still looks good but we’ll see. So hard to get good snowstorms here. Even just a couple of small details can make the difference between rain and snow