Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

10 minutes ago, Inudaw said:

Yea this storm we are about to have is definitely a mountain favored storm.      We turn toward the next threat of hope it effects areas further east for the state.    Good luck western areas.  ^^ 

The mountains should do very well. Parts of the piedmont should do well too. Just not our storm. Hopefully we cash in on the next one 

3 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

I know it’s early, but I can’t get rid of this feeling that we do worse than last year. Future still looks good though so I’ll remain hopeful.

We've already beat last year haven't we?  didn't we get less than 1.5" last year?

Nevermind - that was Winter 19/20

Will be interesting to see how much actual snow we get around here... The sooner it gets here the better. Probably will be a sleet fest for a few hours let's just hope it dosnt start that way .. Definitely gonna be a crazy few hours of weather .. snow / sleet rain /wind .. Definitely could easily over preform (but most likely will be washed away) 

I was never in on this one at all from the beginning.. Hopefully this is the set up something bigger down the road / maybe around late next weekend or shortly after (at least the cold will be locked in a bit more then) 

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/conus_band.php?sat=G16&band=15&length=84&dim=undefined

^^^Here is a great view of it all "trying"  to come together...

Models have been basically saying, it won't be able to drop down enough to have enough reinforcing cold air pulled down into the storm in time & phase father southeast..

So, it's why the models are looking so strange with the path & why they are showing more warm air aloft being  pulled in and ending up father west...

Screenshot_20220115-083853-920.png

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, eaglesin2011 said:

Next weekend looking better, cold air definitely not looking to be the problem... We will see .

Hopefully power stays on for this storm... Looks like we will escape the bigger winds before it really wraps up but still gonna be a crazy few hours from 10-am to around 3ish around here tomorrow..

Next weekend looks promising but we’ll see. Tomorrow will be dicey for several hours but we’ll warm up and things will get better