Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA ❄️ Winter 2017-2018

north pgh

19 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

If you aren’t watching outside, you are missing out. Nice band coming thru central AGC.

Stuck at work today so missing out on fully enjoying this, but taking a few extra "bathroom" breaks to enjoy the scene. Might take a walk during lunch if its still coming down like this. Saw a couple of nearly 35dbz returns in that band over AGC and it's headed this way. Beautiful huge flakes coming down and even salted areas starting to cover over.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next storm is still about the same as the 6z and oz runs. Still too far out to make any prediction. Regardless we are in the game for now, we just have to get lucky for once. Let's see how the rest of the 12z models and ensembles look. Although we could see big changes since it's so far out. 

25 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Next storm is still about the same as the 6z and oz runs. Still too far out to make any prediction. Regardless we are in the game for now, we just have to get lucky for once. Let's see how the rest of the 12z models and ensembles look. Although we could see big changes since it's so far out. 

I am pretty impressed with the consistency shown for a big precip event. Would love to see the cold make it in a little quicker and the trough get carved out a bit further east. We are definitely close enough to keep things interesting for the next few days. 

12 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

12z Euro also took a jog east. 

Agreed. Would not want the outcome the euro is showing. To be honest though, id rather just get plain rain. Trying to hit my sales goal for the year and a heavy snowstorm wouldn't help. 

5 minutes ago, Mailman said:

I would think so.  Definitely better than the 12z op run.  

33 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

That is a fairly good look for us, no?

Right over the DelMarVa looks to be pretty good. I would imagine since the cold air is not locked in the northeast during this time period, the members of the EPS are going to be pretty feast or famine for the snowfall. Average snowfall on the 12z EPS has 3-4 for the area

I thought 18z gfs was going to be worse looking at the early panels but actually appeared to keep the trend going with a nudge barely east. I would love to see the cold press in a little sooner but an interesting storm as depicted. 

8 minutes ago, dj3 said:

I thought 18z gfs was going to be worse looking at the early panels but actually appeared to keep the trend going with a nudge barely east. I would love to see the cold press in a little sooner but an interesting storm as depicted. 

18z isn't bad. Faster and less qpf but keeps us a little colder. Gonna be an interesting week of tracking for a change. 

17 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

18z isn't bad. Faster and less qpf but keeps us a little colder. Gonna be an interesting week of tracking for a change. 

Yea I was assuming faster would be worse for getting the cold in but it turns out probably as the most wintry run of the day. I’m all for some activity with how dry it has been, even if it ends up being a mixed storm. 

1 hour ago, dj3 said:

Yea I was assuming faster would be worse for getting the cold in but it turns out probably as the most wintry run of the day. I’m all for some activity with how dry it has been, even if it ends up being a mixed storm. 

Heh, it's a reverse slop storm, rain to sleet to snow. Seems like its been forever since we had one like that. Whole 18z run was loaded with potential. 

38 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Heh, it's a reverse slop storm, rain to sleet to snow. Seems like its been forever since we had one like that. Whole 18z run was loaded with potential. 

I like the H5 energy slightly better at 6z, but the 18z shows the whole column cooling faster.

On one hand I would like to see more rapid intensifying further south, which also brings the risk of stubborn warm air, and surface low dryslot.

Energy further north wraps in the cold air faster, but could rob our dynamics to quickly, decreasing snow rates.

Overall I think we're ok right now, barring any major jumps to the west in the next couple days.

Archived