Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

12 hours ago, ouamber said:

Just 10 degrees colder and we’d have a blizzard!:thumbsup::snowwindow: 

It’s our year!!! I’m gonna think positively! Nothing could be as bad as the last few years! 

I hope so also, the last time I seen an October this cold was when I was 15 or so back on the east coast lol. I hope this pattern continues into the winter and just gets colder, for surely we can't go on season 5 or what 6 now that's snowless lol? Well then again, anything is possible haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Light snow now in Bella Vista.   Cool sight for October. 

Dude its pretty crazy! I been seeing sleet pellets and misty zr now off and on when a darker cloud moves over as crazy as that sounds! Seen a rogue flurry here and there too hahaha! Yep Im being a lil dramatic but how often does this happen, especially here in october!!! Last time I remember cold cold temps like this I was 13(long long time ago lol) trick or treating in pouring down rain in jersey as a wee young kid at around 38 degrees or so. Nostalgic times haha

Had a decent band of snow move through yesterday evening in Wichita, enough to coat the deck white. Low dropped to 19 last night in Wichita one shy of the record 18. Also, while it didn't accumulate, the day before it did snow briefly. The past 3 days the highs were 36, 37 & 42. Pretty crazy for October! 

The system around Thursday-ish might have a bit of a mix with it for someone, somewhere, depending on how quickly cold air oozes south. Also dependent on the cutoff (seen here over the Baja) behaves.

gfs_z500_vort_us_16.png

It's getting squished by the fast northern flow as currently modeled:

gfs_z500_vort_us_20.png

Hi everyone! Late to the party this year, got some flurries on Halloween Ever here in Tulsa, pretty crazy!

I'm interested in Nov 11th, both the GFS and Euro have something small brewing for OK/AR/MO, looks like a 1-2 incher, but in early Nov, I'll take that!

So far, a good way to kick off this winter. This just HAS to be the year! Law of averages.

• Like 1

Friendly reminder that the only forecast areas in the nation that have issued a winter storm warning longer ago than the Tulsa office is San Francisco,CA(understandable being the Pacific Coast), Lake Charles, LA(Also understandable as it's the gulf coast), and Lubbock, TX(although arguable they should have issued one last year when Lubbock received 12 inches of snowfall in a day). So when I saw law of averages means we are due, WE ARE DUE.

phenomena_WS__significance_W__dpi_100___cb_1.thumb.png.1a6c532328554025906dd625886b0a1c.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StormChazer said:

Friendly reminder that the only forecast areas in the nation that have issued a winter storm warning longer ago than the Tulsa office is San Francisco,CA(understandable being the Pacific Coast), Lake Charles, LA(Also understandable as it's the gulf coast), and Lubbock, TX(although arguable they should have issued one last year when Lubbock received 12 inches of snowfall in a day). So when I saw law of averages means we are due, WE ARE DUE.

phenomena_WS__significance_W__dpi_100___cb_1.thumb.png.1a6c532328554025906dd625886b0a1c.png

I sure dont remember SGF issuing a warning last year 

44 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Jan 11-12

It's a touch misleading since the Springfield area itself didn't experience much, but some of the northern counties of the forecast area saw 8-12 inches of snow, and then an ice issue to the SE.

1716357082_Snowtotals.png.0f7979c5a3850e80c781db06be6ab52e.png

StormTotalIce_SFC.png

Ah. Makes sense. I know the SW portion of the SGF warning area, is very similar to Tulsa in terms of WSW drought. I don't even remember the last time I was under a Winter Storm Watch. 

49 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Still on the table for next Monday morning per GFS.  2-4 inches across a lot of the area. 

Euro has the system, but it is pretty light. I wouldnt trust the 2-4 the GFS is showing, because at least some of that is probably sleet.