• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gino27
    Newest Member
    Gino27

MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

My gut tells me this will be a cold rain as always, storm exits(few flurries on the back end) and then we get brutally cold for a few days....rinse wash and repeat as always lol. I'm hoping yet I jinx myself and I am wrong and we all get slammed with snow haha

• Like 1

Also looks like they are all backing off on the rain this afternoon and tonight.  Seems to go straight to snow for the most part although we are only looking at 6 hour increments.  

• Like 1

Models have been so awful this year. Time to roll back the last few updates. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bdgwx said:

How much snow has Joplin received this year?

Basically what we got in Nov, which was a couple inches and maybe a couple dustings? 

4 hours ago, JoMo said:

Basically what we got in Nov, which was a couple inches and maybe a couple dustings? 

You guys are so due for something big. 

Tulsas latest disco from 9:30 now only says half an inch at best with stuff arriving later than anticipated....Im so over these busts and junk misses lol

• Sad 1

27 and snow flurries. Must have came down sometime between 3am and now cause everything is covered, probly a 1/4 inch of snow idk lol. First time in 5 years I have actually seen the back roads covered though. Is just a mushy wet snow, not a lot but is nice to see.

2 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

27 and snow flurries. Must have came down sometime between 3am and now cause everything is covered, probly a 1/4 inch of snow idk lol. First time in 5 years I have actually seen the back roads covered though. Is just a mushy wet snow, not a lot but is nice to see.

Our roads are covered. Grass mostly covered. Hard to tell how much since it’s blown around. Maybe an inch.

Nice to see though!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Weatherdemon said:

Our roads are covered. Grass mostly covered. Hard to tell how much since it’s blown around. Maybe an inch.

Nice to see though!

Has already melted off everything but the grass here, even with falling temps its just a bad time of the year to get snow do to the darn sun angle rising. Gonna be cold the next few days before we start getting really warm again, tulsa was hinting at 70 by saturday maybe

2 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Has already melted off everything but the grass here, even with falling temps its just a bad time of the year to get snow do to the darn sun angle rising. Gonna be cold the next few days before we start getting really warm again, tulsa was hinting at 70 by saturday maybe

It’s 20 here. Some melting happening but not much. Seeing reports that main roads are slick in spots and secondary roads are slick and hazardous.

32 minutes ago, Weatherdemon said:

It’s 20 here. Some melting happening but not much. Seeing reports that main roads are slick in spots and secondary roads are slick and hazardous.

Yea man it was fairly nasty out there this morning, wow you guys got cold there quick. They are saying 7 for a low tonight brrrrr

• Like 1

Hey MoWeatherGuy, so what did the lil surprise snow just hit you with up there man? We got a quick half inch from whatever lil system that was around 4ish am. Crazy weirdness

57 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Hey MoWeatherGuy, so what did the lil surprise snow just hit you with up there man? We got a quick half inch from whatever lil system that was around 4ish am. Crazy weirdness

Tulsa NWS said last night we might get a little more. Picked jump almost a half inch here. Roads covered this morning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Yah that was a true surprise, eh.  I would guess around 1/2 inch here as well.  Covered streets again,  cancelled the remaining schools that were planning on being open.  I've seen my inch now for the season lol, over 2 days,  ready for spring storms and write this wretched winter off.

1 hour ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Yah that was a true surprise, eh.  I would guess around 1/2 inch here as well.  Covered streets again,  cancelled the remaining schools that were planning on being open.  I've seen my inch now for the season lol, over 2 days,  ready for spring storms and write this wretched winter off.

Are you rdy for the possible 70 degree mark this upcoming weekend lol? Man and I thought Missouri weather was nutty sometimes

Well, my two Pyrenees are loving the snow & 9 degree weather! For real...they stare at the snow the way I stare at a beach!:lol::snowing::shiver:

53139471_10214769512203834_8405845846947528704_n.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Are you rdy for the possible 70 degree mark this upcoming weekend lol? Man and I thought Missouri weather was nutty sometimes

Crazy stuff man.  After these cold temps I think I might enjoy that 70.

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2019 at 10:35 AM, JoMo said:

Frigid and Snowy this winter says the Farmer's Almanac?

I feel like they say that every year. I'm betting on dry and mostly snowless, given the way past winters have gone.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, lookingnorth said:

I feel like they say that every year. I'm betting on dry and mostly snowless, given the way past winters have gone.

True. Looking like a La Nada year though, and the last couple of those were really good. 

• Like 2

From what I have been seeing / reading about snowfall predictions is that we will receive an average snow total . Based on what I have found for here that would be 8" . I would think that If the average of the last four years is figured into it then it would be  less .