• Member Statistics

    15,537
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Gino27
    Newest Member
    Gino27
    Joined
JoMo

MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

Recommended Posts

My gut tells me this will be a cold rain as always, storm exits(few flurries on the back end) and then we get brutally cold for a few days....rinse wash and repeat as always lol. I'm hoping yet I jinx myself and I am wrong and we all get slammed with snow haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also looks like they are all backing off on the rain this afternoon and tonight.  Seems to go straight to snow for the most part although we are only looking at 6 hour increments.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Models have been so awful this year. Time to roll back the last few updates. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bdgwx said:

How much snow has Joplin received this year?

Basically what we got in Nov, which was a couple inches and maybe a couple dustings? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoMo said:

Basically what we got in Nov, which was a couple inches and maybe a couple dustings? 

You guys are so due for something big. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tulsas latest disco from 9:30 now only says half an inch at best with stuff arriving later than anticipated....Im so over these busts and junk misses lol

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 and snow flurries. Must have came down sometime between 3am and now cause everything is covered, probly a 1/4 inch of snow idk lol. First time in 5 years I have actually seen the back roads covered though. Is just a mushy wet snow, not a lot but is nice to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

27 and snow flurries. Must have came down sometime between 3am and now cause everything is covered, probly a 1/4 inch of snow idk lol. First time in 5 years I have actually seen the back roads covered though. Is just a mushy wet snow, not a lot but is nice to see.

Our roads are covered. Grass mostly covered. Hard to tell how much since it’s blown around. Maybe an inch.

Nice to see though!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Weatherdemon said:

Our roads are covered. Grass mostly covered. Hard to tell how much since it’s blown around. Maybe an inch.

Nice to see though!

Has already melted off everything but the grass here, even with falling temps its just a bad time of the year to get snow do to the darn sun angle rising. Gonna be cold the next few days before we start getting really warm again, tulsa was hinting at 70 by saturday maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Has already melted off everything but the grass here, even with falling temps its just a bad time of the year to get snow do to the darn sun angle rising. Gonna be cold the next few days before we start getting really warm again, tulsa was hinting at 70 by saturday maybe

It’s 20 here. Some melting happening but not much. Seeing reports that main roads are slick in spots and secondary roads are slick and hazardous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Weatherdemon said:

It’s 20 here. Some melting happening but not much. Seeing reports that main roads are slick in spots and secondary roads are slick and hazardous.

Yea man it was fairly nasty out there this morning, wow you guys got cold there quick. They are saying 7 for a low tonight brrrrr

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey MoWeatherGuy, so what did the lil surprise snow just hit you with up there man? We got a quick half inch from whatever lil system that was around 4ish am. Crazy weirdness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Hey MoWeatherGuy, so what did the lil surprise snow just hit you with up there man? We got a quick half inch from whatever lil system that was around 4ish am. Crazy weirdness

Tulsa NWS said last night we might get a little more. Picked jump almost a half inch here. Roads covered this morning.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Hey MoWeatherGuy, so what did the lil surprise snow just hit you with up there man? We got a quick half inch from whatever lil system that was around 4ish am. Crazy weirdness

Yah that was a true surprise, eh.  I would guess around 1/2 inch here as well.  Covered streets again,  cancelled the remaining schools that were planning on being open.  I've seen my inch now for the season lol, over 2 days,  ready for spring storms and write this wretched winter off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Yah that was a true surprise, eh.  I would guess around 1/2 inch here as well.  Covered streets again,  cancelled the remaining schools that were planning on being open.  I've seen my inch now for the season lol, over 2 days,  ready for spring storms and write this wretched winter off.

Are you rdy for the possible 70 degree mark this upcoming weekend lol? Man and I thought Missouri weather was nutty sometimes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my two Pyrenees are loving the snow & 9 degree weather! For real...they stare at the snow the way I stare at a beach!:lol::snowing::shiver:

53139471_10214769512203834_8405845846947528704_n.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Are you rdy for the possible 70 degree mark this upcoming weekend lol? Man and I thought Missouri weather was nutty sometimes

Crazy stuff man.  After these cold temps I think I might enjoy that 70.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 10:35 AM, JoMo said:

Frigid and Snowy this winter says the Farmer's Almanac?

I feel like they say that every year. I'm betting on dry and mostly snowless, given the way past winters have gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2019 at 5:45 PM, lookingnorth said:

I feel like they say that every year. I'm betting on dry and mostly snowless, given the way past winters have gone.

True. Looking like a La Nada year though, and the last couple of those were really good. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I have been seeing / reading about snowfall predictions is that we will receive an average snow total . Based on what I have found for here that would be 8" . I would think that If the average of the last four years is figured into it then it would be  less .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...