northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Christmas Storm IV

Cold Rain

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard that Eric Thomas with WBTV is calling for 1 inch to 2 inch accumulation down in Charlotte.

Is that even worth discussing? A virtual non-event if his forecast verifies.

Eric was going lock, stock and barrell with the 12z GFS. Even as late as their 7 pm show, I never heard any reference made to the 18Z GFS. I'm sure by the time he goes on air in about 7 or 8 minutes, he'll have a quick look at the 0z run. Eric is good at commenting on the differences if they are significant.

GFS looks to warm for ATL-AHN with temps more supportive of snow up in far N GA.

Yep, this run looks like total crap for us. Nam wasn't great either. We are getting within that time range where indeed we are running out of time. I know everyone keeps wanting to downplay these models in favor of the euro but think about this, the nam/gfs have these solutions because in part in as little as 48 hours they are showing more interaction with the northern stream. That's not a hell of a long ways away folks.

There's still time but these 0z runs are a pretty big blow imo because they should have had better data ingestion of our southern disturbance.

GFS is too broad of a trough, and has another packet of strong energy coming in too late, because the intial low is now scooting across Ga or the coastal Carolinas. Its not a good trend at this stage of the game to see this. But we'll see if the Euro keeps the longwave trough much sharper and deeper, the GFS sure didn't.

Archived