Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA spring 2017

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thing is still 24-30 hours from starting. With a storm this size you may not know dry slot areas and deformation zones until it happens. Right now it is anyone's guess but at least we are in the game. We would have all taken 4-6 this morning. Now we may be looking at double that unless it moves east again. Who knows?

Our spring is already shot. Foliage is gonna be 3-4 weeks late due to the deep freeze that's gonna last for the next 2 weeks. By then we'll be almost into April. We went from a mild winter to 2014 conditions with almost no advanced warning. It's actually worse than 2014 though, since that year there was light at the end of the snow and cold tunnel by this point. Just amazing and unreal. You'd think that given how advanced our forecasting technology is today, we would've seen this coming a week ago. Instead we've got a +EPO, NAO & AO.....yet the eastern US abruptly deep freezes indefinitely right at the start of spring?  My friends in CA were all talking about the pretty tic-tac-toe boards in the stratosphere last week, and now we're experiencing a 14/15 redux on this side of the country again while they abruptly dry out and fry. Absolutely disgusting.

18 minutes ago, north pgh said:

This thing is still 24-30 hours from starting. With a storm this size you may not know dry slot areas and deformation zones until it happens. Right now it is anyone's guess but at least we are in the game. We would have all taken 4-6 this morning. Now we may be looking at double that unless it moves east again. Who knows?

I think we're still looking at 4-6. I just don't see us getting double that. Still too far east. Getting 4-6 still doesn't do a lot for me at this time of year, but I guess if it's going to be cold anyway, it's better than nothing. I'll just try to pretend that the cities to the east aren't getting a foot or more. lol

2 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

I think we're still looking at 4-6. I just don't see us getting double that. Still too far east. Getting 4-6 still doesn't do a lot for me at this time of year, but I guess if it's going to be cold anyway, it's better than nothing. I'll just try to pretend that the cities to the east aren't getting a foot or more. lol

Ha ha, I am with you..If I see this is verifying east I wont  look at any forums... Close my eyes like it didn't happen.  Plus I will just focus on researching for my NCAA brackets..

post-16-1489355552_thumb.png

1 minute ago, colonel717 said:

Ha ha, I am with you..If I see this is verifying east I wont  look at any forums... Close my eyes like it didn't happen.  Plus I will just focus on researching for my NCAA brackets..

post-16-1489355552_thumb.png

The same thing I do when one of the Pittsburgh teams is done in the playoffs. Super Bowl? What Super Bowl?

1 minute ago, blackngoldrules said:

The same thing I do when one of the Pittsburgh teams is done in the playoffs. Super Bowl? What Super Bowl?

Whatever you do DO NOT turn on TWC because they will be Live in NY and Bos giving the most extreme snowfalls and it makes me jealous. Just stay on the Pittsburgh Pa 2017 Spring thread and look out the window and go outside and enjoy the snow because light or heavy it will be snowing from sunup Tuesday to Sunset. We need to stay in our own world. 

34 minutes ago, north pgh said:

Whatever you do DO NOT turn on TWC because they will be Live in NY and Bos giving the most extreme snowfalls and it makes me jealous. Just stay on the Pittsburgh Pa 2017 Spring thread and look out the window and go outside and enjoy the snow because light or heavy it will be snowing from sunup Tuesday to Sunset. We need to stay in our own world. 

No worries. I have FIOS and they dumped TWC a long time ago. I'll just stay away from their Accuweather channel, which I do anyway since you have to wait 20 minutes for them to scroll through other cities just to get to the Pittsburgh forecast for about 10 seconds.

43 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:

No worries. I have FIOS and they dumped TWC a long time ago. I'll just stay away from their Accuweather channel, which I do anyway since you have to wait 20 minutes for them to scroll through other cities just to get to the Pittsburgh forecast for about 10 seconds.

I hate Accuweather on TV for ht reason that you stated!

12 minutes ago, joecon said:

I hate Accuweather on TV for ht reason that you stated!

I didn't like TWC because of all the shows and reality crap they've been doing in recent years, but they are ten times better than the Accuweather channel. At least TWC is still localized. Accuweather is useless if you want to see an actual forecast for your area. 

1 hour ago, north pgh said:

It will be a slap in the face if it verifies with us getting 3-5 while cities just to the east are measuring by the foot, especially since it will be the second storm in as many years we get fringed by 100 miles or so from the better totals.

This is probably the best attitude to have, and one I try to employ myself. Maybe take the dog out for a walk and just enjoy the snow falling, ground will be cold so it should have no issues sticking, even if we get some lighter rates during the day. Might be the last storm to track until next season.

Archived