Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA spring 2017

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately we're pretty much left to our own devices when it comes to tracking storms like these. The experts are more focused on the major cities out east, and rightly so I guess. Our local mets are about as generic as you can get, and at this point the local news sites (kdka/wpxi/wtae) are all but unusable anyway with their new formats that are loaded to the brim with ads. I can't even check the news stories on my phone anymore without those sites freezing it up with all the ads and popups.

Just now, Burghblizz said:

If it were a weekend, I would seriously consider posting up in Somerset.

Could get there in 45 min. Plus with the west trend, elevation, late season climo, it might be a dark horse candidate to be one of the better spots in Pa. 

My guess is that there will still be plenty of snow left from this up there the following weekend..

I will say this is one extremely complex and dynamic system, I don't think anyone knows the exact outcome until it is over.  I'll be curious to go back and look at which models handled this system the best once all is said and done.  I'd say the NAM is completely out to lunch but it was really the most accurate model with the storm last January.  I still don't believe it unless it gets at least minor support from something else.

Archived