Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

Thanks! It's not heavy but it's snow! Cold and windy as crap!

Sounds awesome! Oh and don't sweat this warmer weather that is next. I believe it is a necessary evil that will set the wheels in motion for huge rewards down the road. We have got to remain positive and trust that a great winter is still in the cards!

1 minute ago, PisgahNCWeather said:

Sounds awesome! Oh and don't sweat this warmer weather that is next. I believe it is a necessary evil that will set the wheels in motion for huge rewards down the road. We have got to remain positive and trust that a great winter is still in the cards!

Oh I'm not one but. If you have been reading the model discussion iv been giving them hell over there. I'm not worried at all. Shoot I think we may see some snow through all this.

4 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Oh I'm not one but. If you have been reading the model discussion iv been giving them hell over there. I'm not worried at all. Shoot I think we may see some snow through all this.

I hear you. People don't understand how powerful the words we speak are. Funny to me cause these doom and gloomers reap what they sow.  Seeing the strong cold finally hit other areas I think we are going to get in on it in a big way next month. Thinking there is an excellent chance it will be historic. 

12 minutes ago, PisgahNCWeather said:

I hear you. People don't understand how powerful the words we speak are. Funny to me cause these doom and gloomers reap what they sow.  Seeing the strong cold finally hit other areas I think we are going to get in on it in a big way next month. Thinking there is an excellent chance it will be historic. 

I agree. Since the cold has arrived it's not been weak but like you said in a strough way. Shoot even down here it's been way below average some days considering climo.

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

I agree. Since the cold has arrived it's not been weak but like you said in a strough way. Shoot even down here it's been way below average some days considering climo.

Once the ser weakens and it will it is really going to be our turn. I seriously would have concerns if I lived anywhere in Fla this winter as these shots we've already seen if they head southbound it will not be good for the orange crop or anything else. 

26 minutes ago, PisgahNCWeather said:

cQSBNro.jpg

Yep, I remember that morning in 1985 like it was yesterday. We had a little snow with the arctic front the day before. It was below zero by 9pm that night. Woke up the next day to -10F here in MBY with a stiff wind. Nothing can prepare you for how that feels. You guys on up in the higher elevations must have really had it tough. I could not imagine -30's.

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

When are y'all gonna start getting all these Northwest Flow Snow events? I thought y'all were going to get buried by every cold front that passed? Cold and dry a lot and y'all were gonna be big winners

It's snowed several times at my house. Nothing significant but snow nonetheless. 

How many times have you seen some?

7 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

Yep, I remember that morning in 1985 like it was yesterday. We had a little snow with the arctic front the day before. It was below zero by 9pm that night. Woke up the next day to -10F here in MBY with a stiff wind. Nothing can prepare you for how that feels. You guys on up in the higher elevations must have really had it tough. I could not imagine -30's.

Wow that is cold! Kind of reminds me of what happened about 3 years ago here. Not quite to 1985 extent.

22 minutes ago, CAD_Wedge_NC said:

Me too. It was -28 here with wind. The coolant in my truck froze, I opened up the radiator cap and saw solid ice. We had "angel dust" all day with clear skies. Coldest I can remember.

Archived