Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sctvman said:

Josh Marthers (Channel 2) says there will be a landfall in a couple hours if it happens, in the Beaufort/Colleton County area.

Worst angle for CHS area.  It'll be interesting to see what the highest wind gust will be downtown.  My friends own the Which Doctor on Folly and live on James.  She posted this pic on FB lol....

shoot.jpg

13 minutes ago, sctvman said:

9" on the Charleston Harbor. Third highest tide on record in Charleston Harbor. 

It was est. at 9' in Hugo at the Customs House.  I was there and can tell you it was probaly higher, they didn't have good measuring systems back then.  It was 13 at our house on IOP.  It was on 15 ft stilts.  This could very well match Hugo in surge and in wind in CHS proper.  I believe the Highest gust in Hugo was around 110 downtown with like 85 sustained.  I'm not saying this a Hugo, things were much different around there back then.

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Yep.  It was like "eh ill head to the east a bit" and then "nah, im coming in". :(

Even the winds did that earlier here.  Between 1am and 130am during a very intense squall, peak gust estimated 55mph here but since up until now with this new squall, winds were down 25-30 gusts to 40-45.

1 minute ago, sctvman said:

River Street in downtown #Savannah FLOODED. Confirmed. #Matthew  @WSAV. 67mph wind gust at Beaufort at 2:26.

Saw somewhere someone said Savannah was built on a bluff.  Partially true by the river up by 17.  But the that part of the town is built down to the river.  They made it sound like Savannah was on a cliff.  

You got some good stuff coming! Try and stay awake lol.  You may very well get to be in the eye, a very rare and special moment IMO.  Get a picture if it happens ;)

Archived