• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Invest 92L

hlcater

Might be a little early to start this one, but the NHC just named 92L with a 50% chance of development within 5 days, so I decided why not. Wave moved off shore this evening and if one believes the Euro and GFS, both have sufficient ridging over the central Atlantic to force a later recurve of the system. Could have a threat to the East coast or Gulf, but given the 10+ days out, timing and track changes occur every run, however, one thing that I've noticed on every run, is that it ends up somewhere on the EC or in the Carribean/Gulf every time. This is all if our newly offshore wave survives the trip across the Atlantic likely battling dry air to the north preventing it from significant development early on.

Both the latest Euro and GFS develop this system about 3/4 of the way to the Antilles(Euro being a bit slower than the GFS, which really doesnt matter too much at this point), or about the same area Erika developed last year(we all know how that went, That particular GFS run took a very similar track to Erika, right up the spine of PR, Hisp, and Cuba, again doesnt matter because 10+ to go yet). That is about as far as I am willing to go with any sort of confidence because at least there has been some run-to-run consistency out to that point. After this, the respective solution changes every run on each model. Probably will be tracking this one for awhile, whether it develops over the Tropical Atlantic or waits until it nears the Caribbean.

Euro 12z: 

ecmwf_z500_mslp_atl_6.png

GFS 12z:

gfs_z500_mslp_atl_22.png

Spaghetti Models(only 5 so far :P)

14117935_10154325575337367_5008144242034

1 minute ago, NWLinnCountyIA said:

Might be a little early to start this one, but the NHC just named 92L with a 50% chance of development within 5 days, so I decided why not. Wave moved off shore this evening and if one believes the Euro and GFS, both have sufficient ridging over the central Atlantic to force a later recurve of the system. Could have a threat to the East coast or Gulf, but given the 10+ days out, timing and track changes occur every run, however, one thing that I've noticed on every run, is that it ends up somewhere on the EC or in the Carribean/Gulf every time. This is all if our newly offshore wave survives the trip across the Atlantic likely battling dry air to the north preventing it from significant development early on.

Both the latest Euro and GFS develop this system about 3/4 of the way to the Antilles(Euro being a bit slower than the GFS, which really doesnt matter too much at this point), or about the same area Erika developed last year(we all know how that went, That particular GFS run took a very similar track to Erika, right up the spine of PR, Hisp, and Cuba, again doesnt matter because 10+ to go yet). That is about as far as I am willing to go with any sort of confidence because at least there has been some run-to-run consistency out to that point. After this, the respective solution changes every run on each model. Probably will be tracking this one for awhile, whether it develops over the Tropical Atlantic or waits until it nears the Caribbean.

Euro 12z: 

ecmwf_z500_mslp_atl_6.png

GFS 12z:

gfs_z500_mslp_atl_22.png

Spaghetti Models(only 5 so far :P)

14117935_10154325575337367_5008144242034

Great post.

Euro keeps the identity of the wave, but doesn't develop it, not quite looking like the monster it was last night and yesterday(and beyond when it was in fantasy range). Still may have a storm but it may fall into the same boat as TD9. GFS still has development but stalls it out north of the Bahamas, then sweeps it up the EC with a landfall in the far NE US. There is potential for this system but that is all I can say at this point.

There continues to be a lot of SAL out in the tropical Atlantic.  No doubt that has something to do with the models backing off on the extent of 92L's development.  Models continue to be consistent with the westward track up to the northern islands region, though, as Gaston lifts out and the sub-tropical ridge builds in strong behind it.

The surface easterlies are screaming with a strong TUTT over the central Caribbean. I can't imagine this developing into anything substantial unless the easterly surge weakens and/or the TUTT closes off and lifts north or west. If any development occurs beyond convection flareups and brief mid level spinups, it probably won't organize until it reaches a less hostile environment in the western Caribbean.

Archived