joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 5-8 Severe/Heavy Rain Possibilities

Hoosier

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if Environment Canada has some severe thunderstorm warning(s) for that storm that is NE of Sarnia. Looks like a wind producer.

They did. I also was put under a severe thunderstorm warning that gave me some light rain only, surprise! It wasn't for the Markdale cell that earlier hit the far eastern part of my county either lol.

7:03 PM EDT Friday 08 July 2016

Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for:

Hanover - Dundalk - Southern Grey County

Owen Sound - Blue Mountains - Northern Grey County

At 7:03 p.m. EDT, Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm capable of producing very strong wind gusts, toonie to ping pong ball size hail and heavy rain.

Radar shows a few rapidly developing storms in the regions and moving northeastward or eastward at 40 kilometres per hour. 3 to 4 centimetre diameter hail is possible with these storms as well as wind gusts to 90 kilometres per hour and heavy rain. A hailstone measuring over 4 centimetres in diameter was photographed with these storms.

Quickly dropped as there were no returns showing anything. 10-20 mm of rain was forecast IMBY but I doubt we got even 1/8th of that. A new severe line well east of me rampaging through and a cluster far south.

Yeah, I was shocked to see all the damage around my work in Taylor. Trees down everywhere, power lines all over the place. Was difficult getting in at all, and some people had to carpool because their cars were stuck in their driveways.

Also, at my workplace we have several pretty big skylights. At least two that I know of got blown in and it caused some pretty decent damage. The glass doors at the front also were blown in and one of my bosses who was standing by the door was knocked down by it. Thankfully, he was alright and everyone was laughing about it today. :lol:

Some in Lansing and East Lansing had some very strong winds and rain. Quite a few (1000 or so) are still without power. I am 10 miles south of Lansing in Dimondale, and we didn't have one drop of rain or even moderately strong winds. Those were some very scattered storms.

We could use the rain, I don't think we have had much more than a trace in 6 weeks. 

Archived