joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring/Summer Mountain/Foothills thread

Met1985

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw November has lower than normal heights and slightly cooler than normal 850s. Could be a La Nina combined with PDO signal. If the PDO flips La Nina would be milder. If the PDO holds, could be some good Southeast skiing. With the weather pattern coming short-term, thinking of winter sounds nice.

Congratulations McDowell! You know he will be looking at weather charts over your shoulder before he is 1 believe it or not.   :mapsnow:

If the winter is too brutal in Boone I may transfer to Wilmington. I don't do wind, temps below 32, or snow dominant events. Prefer crusty events, frozen ground, with near or slightly above freezing temps and no wind.

If you don't like temps below 32 why are you going to app?

I agree with 1985 with this. No real danger of avalanches anywhere in NC since they usually don't get enough snow. Even in winters they get lots of snow, most of it melts in between snowstorms instead of building up.

Yep that's exactly right. Also the very very few spots that do have snow all winter are way back in backpacking country. Buy our winters have pretty much sucked for several winters. We are lucky to get one decent snow in a season.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived