• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wrigleywx
    Newest Member
    Wrigleywx
The Iceman

January 22-24th Blizzard Observation and Snow Reports

Kind of ironic that 2015 Christmas Eve high temperature were almost identical to 2015 July 4th high temperature and then we have our snowiest day on record in Allentown just over three weeks later.  No wonder this is a great hobby....

I can verify this in lower bucks

Theres still a ton of moisture rotating around the CCB from Long Island. That is all headed this way. The low is moving out to sea much slower then modeled. 

Sounds reasonable I am at 680 ft here and had 24" a couple hours ago....will head out in the next hour for my next plow and see where we are should be close to done at that time but may end up as 6th largest snow event in Chesco if we get to 27"

Near Honey Brook. Have some good elevation here too at 850 ft.

It's not official CoCoRaHS standards, but measured 16" for first snowblow of driveway around 10am and then 9.5" around 4pm at second snowblow. 2" since that time.

So 27.5" total. Depth is probably more like 25"

Finally down to a flizzard. Never thought I'd say that. Definitely in top 3 for my life time if only for the duration and wind. And it's stll going. Furnace on overtime.

Theres still a ton of moisture rotating around the CCB from Long Island. That is all headed this way. The low is moving out to sea much slower then modeled. 

Trying to get some of that band-lovin' here.  The snow is picking up a little again though.  Temps still holding in the 25 - 26F range with N winds 10-15 mph.  I think NE Philly will be getting that shortly!

On the larger scale, I agree; this thing is in no hurry to move out. That said, I wonder if the party is coming to an end for Lehigh/Northampton soon.

Yeah i think the fat lady is about to sing her final note in an hour or less. People are digging their cars out at my apts, just to get it all plowed back in tomorrow morning. :facepalm:

Wow so a new all time record, right?

Ayup: http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=ABE&product=RER&format=CI&version=1&glossary=0

SXUS71 KPHI 240029

RERABE

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

0728 PM EST SAT JAN 23 2016

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET TODAY AT ALLENTOWN PA AS WELL

AS THE ALL TIME RECORD STORM TOTAL FOR 1 AND 2 "CALENDAR" DAY

STORMS...

A RECORD DAILY SNOWFALL OF 30.0 INCHES WAS SET AT ALLENTOWN PA

TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 7.7 SET IN 1966.

THIS AMOUNT MAY INCREASE A BIT FURTHER AND A FINAL UPDATED RECORD

EVENT REPORT WILL POST AROUND 135 AM SUNDAY.

THIS IS AN ALL TIME RECORD EVENT FOR A 1 DAY OR 2 CALENDAR DAY STORM.

THE PREVIOUS RECORD FOR A ONE DAY STORM WAS 24.0 INCHES FEBRUARY 11,

1983. THE PRIOR RECORD TWO CALENDAR DAY TOTAL WAS 25.6 INCHES

JANUARY 7-8, 1996.

THIS STORM HAS SO FAR A TWO CALENDAR DAY TOTAL OF 31.7 INCHES.

BY THE WAY, THE NORMAL SEASONAL SNOWFALL FOR ALLENTOWN IS 32.9

INCHES...SO THIS STORM HAS BASICALLY PRODUCED ALMOST A SEASONAL

SNOWFALL WITHIN 23 HOURS!

$

DRAG ..THIS UPDATE CLARIFIES SOME WORDING IN THIS RECORD EVENT

REPORT..

NE Philly got a tad screw job. Anyone have my total? There's no place near me to measure. We had multiple dry slots all day. Even this evening, that NYC stuff is going to miss us E a bit. I hate complaining during a Historic storm, but I bet I only got like 16" or so, compared to 30" in Warminster for example. 

Where are on the airport grounds is the snow board?

Did you stay at the airport during the storm to measure or commute back and forth to do it?

Believe it or not, the measurement is actually taken in National Park, NJ directly

across the Delaware River from the airport.

NE Philly got a tad screw job. Anyone have my total? There's no place near me to measure. We had multiple dry slots all day. Even this evening, that NYC stuff is going to miss us E a bit. I hate complaining during a Historic storm, but I bet I only got like 16" or so, compared to 30" in Warminster for example. 

This was a bear to measure, but I did my best in 6hr increments and so far have reported 20".

Whats a jebwalk? And idk I may but I'm getting beat.

Lol, I'm exhausted like the rest of us...a Jebwalk is a walk in the snow with some of your favorite tunes. Jeb from the Ma forum coined the term, while during observationtime during storms he just up and leave saying it's time for a jebwalk.