joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Blizzard of 2016 - Official Obs Thread

mackerel_sky

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That big blob of light snow in eastern ga/western sc heading in the charleston direction have any chance of turning up north east with the motion of the storm or probably going to keep that south east movement?

The rain off the coast is heading north east

That blob of moisture is associated with the upper level cutoff low. It will flow generally southeastward until it gets to the base of the low, then begin to move eastward. You might catch the very northern edge of this precip.

2016_01_23.png

.95 liquid equivalent of all wintery weather types for this storm (so far). About half the value of some of the highest model forecast from a couple of days back. Not a historic storm but definitely a nice storm. Now lets see if we can get just a little more snow. >.05 qpf would be perfect. Currently very light snow and 22.5.  

I just measure 2 1/4 inches of snow on top of 1/2 inch of sleet at my house. This storm really finished strong here!

I bet someone in eastern PIckens County/Western Greenville county has gotten over 6 inches of snow starting last night. Anybody got a report from that area?

Nice ending overnight for this storm. Ended up with close to 3" on top of .5" sleet. Overall gsp was pretty dang good on their forecast as usual. Their 4-6 range is not far from my house...10 min. I knew we'd be on the line. Honestly the backside working out for once saved us last night. So def not a bust here. Now on to Fla to catch some bass!

Archived