joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should do well down there. just remember most of us here hVe a good 40 miles of latitude on you

Yeah I hope so, I just edited my post to read 8-12", because that's what they downgraded too. I think Morris is the edge of the good stuff. Below it does better, up above does worse.

Interesting phenomenon over the last five years of generally less snow to the north and west. I wonder what it takes to get a significant swath of QPF well into places like NE PA, far NW NJ and the Hudson Valley during KU events? At any rate, I hope our southern weenies enjoy the snow.

Mine is 2/26/10. I rained and pretty much everyone north, south, and west of me got blitzed.

A very interesting storm but not one I enjoyed as much as people would think. Losing power for four days wasn't fun and although the warmer temps helped avoid frozen pipes I prefer a deep freeze after a big storm.

Yeah, Boxing Day is overrated. If you weren't in the death band, you got a few windswept inches of disappointment. The most noteworthy part of that storm imby was the well-defined Kelvin-Helmholtz clouds that formed after the snow stopped.

Banned. Boxing day was my #2 storm.

Haha, Boxing Day for me mad up for the stress of late Feb 2010. It was the first storm in a while around here to have some serious drifts and blowing snow. I didn't jackpot by any means but got solidly into double digits.

The winds in that band were insane. Had visibility of less than 50' on and off at the height of the storm.

2/26 was awesome here too as we miraculously stayed all snow. But 96 and boxing day are on another level for here.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived