joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically a shutout north of 84 - six hours of light snow imby, as depicted.

This run decided to make dominant the eastern center in the elongated/"double barrel" low pressure structure, which produces the effect of slipping the whole system ENE. That's one of those things that could easily be reversed in future runs, especially since the upper trough didn't really change all that much... maybe slightly further east, but also a bit more negatively tilted.

Basically a shutout north of 84 - six hours of light snow imby, as depicted.

This run decided to make dominant the eastern center in the elongated/"double barrel" low pressure structure, which produces the effect of slipping the whole system ENE. That's one of those things that could easily be reversed in future runs, especially since the upper trough didn't really change all that much... maybe slightly further east, but also a bit more negatively tilted.

Isn't that exactly what happened with the storm last February?

Well, maybe you'll get the next one. We still have some time anyway so things have to be worked out.

Euro comes out soon :whistle:

Its cool.. It sucks but you get immune to it. The key is to keep expectations to a minimum. We have been burned many times within the last 6 years with the same thing. Ill take my advisory level snows ha

Whelp.... Even with a northward euro trend we still strike out.... I think I'm finally throwing in the cards...if something better happens, so be it

Yeah, 50-75 miles of correction over ~80 hours is a lot to ask. I had been thinking 2-4/3-5" deal up my way, but it may turn out less than that, especially if the heavy banding is just south.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived