SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a big picture approach right now. The feature in the N Pacific will come inland today and will be better sampled. Lots can and will change with regards to model solutions and I would not be surprised to even see last minute changes with a complex system like this. Hold your horses. It's going to be a wild ride.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We need a big picture approach right now. The feature in the N Pacific will come inland today and will be better sampled. Lots can and will change with regards to model solutions and I would not be surprised to even see last minute changes with a complex system like this. Hold your horses. It's going to be a wild ride.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yea WPC is favoring a northern trend

I sometimes miss the days of simply listening to the NWS radio broadcast out of Rockefeller Center on the scanner.  Sure there were still local news stations doing forecasts but we didn't have access to all of the resources available today.  It was so much simpler, we had no idea of all the different scenarios the models had leading up to the storm itself.          

I sometimes miss the days of simply listening to the NWS radio broadcast out of Rockefeller Center on the scanner.  Sure there were still local news stations doing forecasts but we didn't have access to all of the resources available today.  It was so much simpler, we had no idea of all the different scenarios the models had leading up to the storm itself.          

True, Or watching channel 8 on the TV and listening to the NWS. Many yrs ago. lol

I sometimes miss the days of simply listening to the NWS radio broadcast out of Rockefeller Center on the scanner. Sure there were still local news stations doing forecasts but we didn't have access to all of the resources available today. It was so much simpler, we had no idea of all the different scenarios the models had leading up to the storm itself.

You had to listen to all the marine BS like 3 times before it finally updated to the midday or evening forecast if you tuned in at 11 or 5....lol

You had to listen to all the marine BS like 3 times before it finally updated to the midday or evening forecast if you tuned in at 11 or 5....lol

LOL.  My old man would eventually yell at me for listening to the same loop over and over again, tying the scanner, in hopes that it was updated since he had to monitor the fire calls.  

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived