• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

I was 12 years old once... in the 80's. I also jumped off a cliff once into Lake Erie, but I think I was 13. And obviously it was the summer, so it had nothing to do with snow.

Unrelated, pretty much every GFS ensemble member is a miss this time around.

Yeah, I remember being 12 too and feeling the need to help people with the incredibly obvious and tell them when the models began on each run. Actually I was 10.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't mean to sound so negative, but what bothers me is how close we are to a very memorable event while places just to our south will be talking about and remembering this blizzard for a lifetime. So close and yet so far. Every model run shows increasing heights and a tick north and yet we north of 84 remain high and dry. This is such a tease when as a weather enthusiast, big and memorable winter storms are what make this season so anticipated. SMH. We got the burn last year too with the big misses.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This will be a hard pill to swallow... I will not being anywhere near this forum on Saturday, as his sharp gradient verifys, and I can practically see the snow falling in NYC

I bet someone who is currently modeled not to get a lot of snow will get buried with this system. I still think I'm too far north, but Rockland or Putnam seems like a good place to be right now.

I agree at least this one we sort of know tho. I had hope till the night of the storm last year. I am rooting for nyc tho It'd be cool to see them get the record that the nam is depicting. Honestly I'm starting to feel the mid Hudson valley is in a really poor area for major nor'easters. Too far west for late developing miller b's that crush New England and Too far north on Storms like this. New England had 4 storms last year that would've been some of the biggest I've ever seen in 15 years here. Does anyone happen to know the top 5 storms at Poughkeepsie?

I thought being inland but not too far inland we would cash in, but since I moved here 6 years ago, with a few exceptions, there has been a lot of disappointment.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yea it sucks because we are literally just miles away from many of the big storms. Nemo was a little disappointing too even tho I got 13" while places 50miles east in Connecticut got 3ft

Only thing too with nam is qpf is most likely overdone and honestly if we're actually on the cusp of bigger snows by tomorrow night I would be prepared for 0 and be pleasantly surprised with anything more than that

Yeah, those intense bands as depicted by the NAM, you would probably go from heavy snow to flurries in a matter of a few minutes. But, at least we are holding on to a glimmer of hope.

RGEM is by far my fav SR model and even though it's not in range it looks mighty impressive. it's pretty obvious confluence is gonna be a factor. Hopefully it's weak enough to allow the storm to get most of the HV in the game.

the stronger the ULL the less the confluence will effect, and yes the RGEM looks very impressive... Dare I say better than the NAM, the biggest issue I see is the s/w entering the west coast... It plays a big role in kicking this thing east and we need it slow down... So many factors with perfect timing needed...We are NOT out of this.. Not by a long shot

Meh. The 00z cycle has shown some pretty decent improvements so far but it won't be enough for mby. One more wholesome tick and I can start thinking about measurable. Along and south of I-84, I'd be feeling pretty decent after seeing the American and Canadian models this evening.

I've read a few case studies in the past about fronto-induced banding right on the edge of the precip shield, so maybe I can pull off something like that.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived