• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jb noon update

Ji

it was a good column and vid this morning. Laid out the pros and cons of both models and the idea that either could win out. I figured he'd be headlining a call to the National Guard or something after last nights' euro lol.

I also think he really has no idea which one wins out...mabybe a compromise. I don't think he's favoring the euro from a meteorological standpoint, I think he's showing favor to it becuase he would like to see it happen. He even mentions the 'nightmare' the gfs would be for him if it verifies and there's still no snowcover in portions of the midatlantic. The 'bloggers' will destroy him...lol

Either way he thinks this is the best it'll get this winter for a blockbuster on the coast.....sounds like he's going for the typical la nina turn around very soon.

Looks like we're pretty much finished further west for awhile...got our crusty 2" so techinically a white xmas...woohoo

looks like JB can claim one win:)

That was precisely my JB forecast this year. He would go all in, bust....buy back in.....and try to ride out the blinds until he sees a pair of aces and a cheap flop which gives him trips. Then he will claim victory, meanwhile, some intern who is striving to make minimum wage at accuweather sits there watching all of this play out all the while trying to figure out why he/she does not even make minimum wage and has to bus tables at the local Outback 5 nights per week just to pay a share of rent while JB is out getting pumped up on campus, pops in to cut a few videos in which he spits out so much BS spin wrapped with 3-4 intriguing nuggets of content which said interns just spent 8 hours interrupting from dimensional extrapolations to analog parity, all of which are soon be whored out for 20 bucks per months which apparently generates enough revenue to provide margin share for a over pumped, over hyped, still sometimes interesting though now in his 9th season (web wise) soon to be only found in reruns, forecaster from Jersey who also benefits from a little something called "auto renew".

Ho Ho Ho

Wow; pretty nasty post (and all true I might add). Lol.

im starting to wonder if there will be a storm at all. if 12z models continue east it may be history. a warmer pattern is also on the way after the next week.

I have had no excitement for this storm, and none for last weekend's "storm" either, nor any for next weekend. With the models all over the place, and so much that can go wrong, it better to go in with little or no expectation.

Agree 100%....would be very surprised if 12z Euro does not begin the trend to the SE on the OP run....this one will swim with the fishes!

im starting to wonder if there will be a storm at all. if 12z models continue east it may be history. a warmer pattern is also on the way after the next week.

That was precisely my JB forecast this year. He would go all in, bust....buy back in.....and try to ride out the blinds until he sees a pair of aces and a cheap flop which gives him trips. Then he will claim victory, meanwhile, some intern who is striving to make minimum wage at accuweather sits there watching all of this play out all the while trying to figure out why he/she does not even make minimum wage and has to bus tables at the local Outback 5 nights per week just to pay a share of rent while JB is out getting pumped up on campus, pops in to cut a few videos in which he spits out so much BS spin wrapped with 3-4 intriguing nuggets of content which said interns just spent 8 hours interrupting from dimensional extrapolations to analog parity, all of which are soon be whored out for 20 bucks per months which apparently generates enough revenue to provide margin share for a over pumped, over hyped, still sometimes interesting though now in his 9th season (web wise) soon to be only found in reruns, forecaster from Jersey who also benefits from a little something called "auto renew".

Ho Ho Ho

If you are saying JB does little work, my god, you couldn't be anymore wrong if you said snowflakes were made of cream cheese. I worked with him, and trust me, he works very hard. You can say other things about the man, but question his work ethic? Not an opinion that has any grounding in reality, whatsoever. He makes his own forecasts, he never stops looking at weather. Look at his videos prior to main events. The guy looks exhausted and in person looks like **** because he is putting in a lot of work.

His work ethic is what it is, and take it from someone with much more evidence to support my argument than you have for yours, the man doesn't "pop in to cut a few videos."

Truth is often nasty.

BTW, I like JB...I think he is a fun personality.....have learned a lot from him.....still watch him because he is turning into our Loyd Lynsey Young in a sense......

But again.....you have nothing to back up your assertion that he doesn't do much work and that interns do it all for him. Why do you think that? What's your reasoning? You have to understand he does a lot of other things for AccuWeather behind the scenes.

How would you react if someone said you weren't an entrepreneur but a 35 year old who still lives with their parents, based on just as much facts. What you're doing is exactly the same.

Again, plenty of things to criticize him for, but saying others does all his work makes no sense.

If you are saying JB does little work, my god, you couldn't be anymore wrong if you said snowflakes were made of cream cheese. I worked with him, and trust me, he works very hard. You can say other things about the man, but question his work ethic? Not an opinion that has any grounding in reality, whatsoever. He makes his own forecasts, he never stops looking at weather. Look at his videos prior to main events. The guy looks exhausted and in person looks like **** because he is putting in a lot of work.

His work ethic is what it is, and take it from someone with much more evidence to support my argument than you have for yours, the man doesn't "pop in to cut a few videos."

oh I know he is a workaholic through and through

Some of my rant was for fun.....the intern part.....though I am sure some element of accuracy may exist.

It was sarcastic Jamie and I recall you speaking of his work ethic back in the day....no worries.

oh I know he is a workaholic through and through

Some of my rant was for fun.....the intern part.....though I am sure some element of accuracy may exist.

It was sarcastic Jamie and I recall you speaking of his work ethic back in the day....no worries.

Cool......I have seen the strange pallor his skin gets during hurricanes and snowstorms from lack of sleep.

Now, as for busts, well then, have at it. Snowman.gif

But again.....you have nothing to back up your assertion that he doesn't do much work and that interns do it all for him. Why do you think that? What's your reasoning? You have to understand he does a lot of other things for AccuWeather behind the scenes.

How would you react if someone said you weren't an entrepreneur but a 35 year old who still lives with their parents, based on just as much facts. What you're doing is exactly the same.

Again, plenty of things to criticize him for, but saying others does all his work makes no sense.

The reasoning is probably that he just spits out the most extreme solutions every time theres a chance of a storm. Any weenie can do that.

he might end up being right and it is still four days away...He's the Rex Ryan of meteorology without the foot fetish...There was a storm before Christmas 1975 that tracked well to our south and east but still gave the city 2" while Boston got nearly a foot...I'll settle for that right now...

he might end up being right and it is still four days away...He's the Rex Ryan of meteorology without the foot fetish...There was a storm before Christmas 1975 that tracked well to our south and east but still gave the city 2" while Boston got nearly a foot...I'll settle for that right now...

I'd take it. We had 7" out of that one and got a fresh coating Christmas morning (in a snow to rain scenario...grinch storms are not a new phenomenon). It all washed away by the 26th.

Here are my snowfall notes from that period:

12/20/75 - 0.6"

12/21/75 - 1.0"

12/22/75 - 6.1"

12/25/75 - 0.2"

I think all three days (12/20-22) were related to he same event. Light snow on the 20th changed to light rain for a period during the evening then quickly back to snow late evening as the temperature plunged in a short time from above freezing to well down in the 20s. I think it was some sort of backdoor front as the temp drop happened on LI before it did in NYC. The storm did miss to the east and the 6" on the 22nd were backlash snows...we really lucked out in that one. I think NYC had 1.8"...they never got into the backlash.

I'd take it. We had 7" out of that one and got a fresh coating Christmas morning (in a snow to rain scenario...grinch storms are not a new phenomenon). It all washed away by the 26th.

Here are my snowfall notes from that period:

12/20/75 - 0.6"

12/21/75 - 1.0"

12/22/75 - 6.1"

12/25/75 - 0.2"

I think all three days (12/20-22) were related to he same event. Light snow on the 20th changed to light rain for a period during the evening then quickly back to snow late evening as the temperature plunged in a short time from above freezing to well down in the 20s. I think it was some sort of backdoor front as the temp drop happened on LI before it did in NYC. The storm did miss to the east and the 6" on the 22nd were backlash snows...we really lucked out in that one. I think NYC had 1.8"...they never got into the backlash.

another storm on 2/5-6/1976 was to far east...NYC got 4" while Patchogue L.I. got 5.5"...As I remember it snowed lightly for 20 or so hours...

It's hard to be incorrect with that line. This far out, the model guidance is going to be wrong in some manner, whether it be the pressure pattern, or more likely the precipitation pattern. That's why we all have a job forecasting the weather. I'm still waiting for his East coast favored hurricane season to come to pass. Over the past 6 years that I'm aware of, he's forecasted that scenario every year, and we haven't had an East coast year yet. Some year he'll be right though. =)

DR

'As far as AccuWeather.com meteorologists' take on the expensive, high-tech computer models with this storm, "None of them are right."'

I first started reading JB's columns in December 2000 and I learned a lot from his videos. Back in the day, he even used to answer my emails and I appreciated that. Having said that, I just wasn't willing to pay for his work because I'm only interested in this stuff three months a year. I know he takes a lot of heat, some well deserved like the "vodka cold" of 2001-2002, but he comes across as a nice guy.

Archived