Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to rain on the parade here, but did you guys notice that the NWS dropped the totals down to 2-4 with their latest update? They were at 4-6 in the county earlier.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Based on the latest gfs 2-4 might be pushing it

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/GFS-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2016012200&time=PER&var=APCPI&hour=060

Yeah, I just saw it. I hate to see you guys get your hopes up over these NAM runs when most of the time the NAM is garbage. I'm not saying it's always wrong, but it's usually only right when it eventually falls in line with the rest of the models. It gives false hope with an occasional eye popping run, then comes back to earth eventually to join the rest.

Yeah, I just saw it. I hate to see you guys get your hopes up over these NAM runs when most of the time the NAM is garbage. I'm not saying it's always wrong, but it's usually only right when it eventually falls in line with the rest of the models. It gives false hope with an occasional eye popping run, then comes back to earth eventually to join the rest.

I think we all pretty much expected this right? It was exciting to see the nam until the gfs came out and smacked it down lol

Check out this video from 1996 and see if there are any similarities.

It is from a weather channel update after the storm passes.

So we are also riding the edge here to the west of you guys doing everything we can to suck this storm north.  

When I saw that snowfall map from '96, (here in Columbus we got 9" from that), I can't believe how similar it is to what the model output is for this storm, (except for the northern extent in the OV).   

The  interesting thing was that storm was entirely a now cast situation here.   The forecast the morning of was for a dusting.   I know you guys got clobbered, but was that storm also a surprise for PIttsburgh?  

Archived