12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm reminds me more of the one that took place in 1994 when Westmoreland Co (Eastern part) got 20 inches of snow and the Airport got one or two inches. It was that close then and I assume it will be that again tomorrow and Saturday. Just a little jog NW by 25 miles and everybody gets a nice snowfall. 

Nam is so tight it serves no purpose to argue better or worse. Probably worse for Pit official, but directionally very similar.

Thats not great news at this stage of the game but not horrible either

I think if anything maybe it kicked the higher totals further North, but actually cut the northern edge expansion.

This is an impossible forecast for NWS Pittsburgh.

First off, how in the hell do you post advisories and warnings for a county when one part of the county might get two inches, and the opposite end of the county could get a foot? You would almost need to place warnings like they do severe weather warnings now, and localize the boxes at this point.

Two, just in general, with such a sharp cut off, their is simply no way to know for sure. There are so many factors including exact low placement and track, and how far the price field expands with the confluence, that for Pittsburgh proper, for example, anything from nothing, to a foot truly is on the table right now when you consider a 25 mile shift either way could get you into either of those totals.

Good luck to those guys....

I just hate when we get such huge drop offs and some of us get screwed....ill be getting flurries and reading posts like "man it's puking snow!" Or thundersnow!....."it's been ripping out there for 8 hours straight-I bet there's over a foot!" For once it would be nice if all of us cashed in!

Crap...I forgot it was you in Chalk Hill now lol. You need to change your name!

Anyways, enjoy it. You look in a good spot to get a foot, and possibly get two feet. I wish my weekend retreat to chalk hill was this weekend. Would leave tomorrow morning and just enjoy the show...though getting back might end up an issue....

Anyways, enjoy it. You look in a good spot to get a foot, and possibly get two feet. I wish my weekend retreat to chalk hill was this weekend. Would leave tomorrow morning and just enjoy the show...though getting back might end up an issue....

This is when being a meteorologist would be absolutely terrible. Kind of makes me glad I didn't pursue it. Imagine telling a major city hey you are gonna get 1-2 inches but then boom the storm shifts. Look at laSt year with NYC. Historic was being thrown around and just an ordinary moderate snowstorm occurred.

Thank you brother! You come up here sometimes??...hit me

Up-you should make the trip tomorrow!!

AN ENHANCED MESOSCALE BANDING OF SNOW IS STILL EXPECTED TO OCCUR

ACROSS NORTHERN WV...SOUTHWEST PA...AND PERHAPS PARTS OF

SOUTHEAST OH AS TROWAL IS EVIDENT FROM ANALYSIS AND DEFORMATION

ZONE REMAINS GREATEST IN THE 800-600 MB LAYER OVER THESE AREAS.

PBZ mentions a trowal in its discussion.  Never heard that term before.  

Thank you brother! You come up here sometimes??...hit me

Up-you should make the trip tomorrow!!

Wish I could!

I go up a weekend in February every year with a bunch of friends, and we rent a beautiful home out and just generally play games, drink, eat, and have a good time. I was a little worried that this year that our outdoor activities might be squashed by the lack of snow, but as long as we don't completely torch it should be good.

The weather up there though is something. 2 years ago I went up, and while pittsburgh had 2 inches on the ground, chalk hill had 2 feet, and we got about 6 more inches over the weekend. Last year, there was only a foot on the ground, but that was the historic cold weekend, and I think when I went out the one morning it was -17 below zero. Literally, the pipes in our rental froze the morning we left and we had no running water at all.

Archived