• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

If this doesn't make you sick I don't know what will! This reminds me of a storm we had 2 years ago, were I got literally a quarter inch of snow, but Greensburg got like 8. I ended up having the day off work and didn't even have to shovel anything.

attachicon.gifpost-300-0-73647600-1453301867.png

Thanks to guys in the Central PA thread for the county overlay.

Looks like I should head to my in-laws in Johnstown according to that map. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

1013 AM EST WED JAN 20 2016

DCZ001-MDZ004>006-011-013-014-016>018-503>508-VAZ052>057-505-506-

202315-

/O.NEW.KLWX.BZ.A.0001.160122T1700Z-160124T1100Z/

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-FREDERICK MD-CARROLL-NORTHERN BALTIMORE-

SOUTHERN BALTIMORE-PRINCE GEORGES-ANNE ARUNDEL-CHARLES-ST. MARYS-

CALVERT-NORTHWEST MONTGOMERY-CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST MONTGOMERY-

NORTHWEST HOWARD-CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST HOWARD-NORTHWEST HARFORD-

SOUTHEAST HARFORD-PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK-FAIRFAX-

ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA-STAFFORD-SPOTSYLVANIA-

KING GEORGE-WESTERN LOUDOUN-EASTERN LOUDOUN-

1013 AM EST WED JAN 20 2016

...BLIZZARD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE

SATURDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS

ISSUED A BLIZZARD WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY

AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT.

http://68.226.77.253/text/NAM80km/NAM_Kfwq.txt  Rostraver Airport which is only a few miles from me 

I live in Cranberry but spend most of my time out in Woodland Hills at the GF's house.  I could see 4" here and 8" out by her. But I still have this feeling we get a jump NE and everyone Butler county south gets in on things. We had a slight tick NW in the models, we see this over a cpl more runs and maybe time to get excited.  I just remember the big one a few years ago, up to 12 hours before Demetrius Ivory on TV was saying..Nothing to see here move on. I actually posted a screenshot of his snow map showing 6-8" and well I got 30".  Don't celebrate or get all Eeyore this far out.

Yuck. Still so close, but these types of systems never seem to bump north for us. Also the crazy solution that it showed last night with the CCB making it back here is gone, kind of like I expected.

It is just amazing that we are always either 100 miles too far north or 100 miles too far south. This might be mean spirited, but I hope dc torches and it rains on them.

Yuck. Still so close, but these types of systems never seem to bump north for us. Also the crazy solution that it showed last night with the CCB making it back here is gone, kind of like I expected.

It is just amazing that we are always either 100 miles too far north or 100 miles too far south. This might be mean spirited, but I hope dc torches and it rains on them.

Class GFS nonsense. Jumps the energy out too fast and too far east. With the amount of cold on land and the very warm water, the natural baroclynic zone will along the coast. You can see it try and reform a SLP farther west, but it messes up the QPF fields. I would not get discouraged by this. As it gets closer in time, the GFS will fix this shearing out issue  AccuChris at Accuweather forums 

Class GFS nonsense. Jumps the energy out too fast and too far east. With the amount of cold on land and the very warm water, the natural baroclynic zone will along the coast. You can see it try and reform a SLP farther west, but it messes up the QPF fields. I would not get discouraged by this. As it gets closer in time, the GFS will fix this shearing out issue AccuChris at Accuweather forums

Quoting people from accu forums?

Not liking the trend of shearing out the NW side of the precip.  Starting to doubt expectations at this point even in my further southern zone.  While not impossible it seems somewhat unlikely we get enough of a northward trend to make it historic around here.  Meanwhile D.C. keeps getting bombed.

I need to learn my lesson and keep model views to within 48 hours only.

Crept a little north about 15-25 miles, 8+ line up around Allegheny county line now.  Greensburg, McKeesport could be in the money as could be Plum, Murraysville.  Still think the sweet spot is going to be over Deep Creek, move that final map 50 miles NW.  I am in full weenie mode and can't believe a storm will dump 1.5 feet on DC and give us 3", defies historical precedent. I respect the models but they are often wrong, sometimes badly.

acc10_1snowma.png

Archived