Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being the eternal optimist I like where we are at. How many dozens of times since 2008(How long I have been here) have we seen 2 foot fantasy storms disappear 24 hours out.  I think (and the NWS discussions bear this out) we have some wobble in the storm as it approaches and everyone from I-80 south walks away very happy.  Not 3 foot happy but happy after this never ending Fall we were experiencing up to a week ago.

4 to 7

I'm thinking you are about right, tight gradient. Greensburg 12" Butler 4" and the Laurels pounded with over a foot.  Then again we could bust way low, the storm wobbles 50 miles north. Take it for what it's worth but my honey's brother works for the city of North Versailles and they have been told no PTO this weekend, be ready to man the trucks, big storm coming.

One County away and they are in 14 inches. I would hate to see it play out that way.

Just be glad it didn't go south again.  7 more NAM runs until Friday 12z to get that tick north.  Plus GFS is better for us and don't let the NAM at this range affect your thinking.  It has us in the game and that is all I am watching for.

If this doesn't make you sick I don't know what will! This reminds me of a storm we had 2 years ago, were I got literally a quarter inch of snow, but Greensburg got like 8. I ended up having the day off work and didn't even have to shovel anything.

post-328-0-89650900-1453302926_thumb.png

Thanks to guys in the Central PA thread for the county overlay.

For us it's not set in stone, I was just saying "IF" it plays out like that. I do think the Baltimore area is pretty well locked in for a crushing though no matter what.

Remember last. Year and year befour they were set up for monster storms then went to 4 inches or something. I hope we all get blasted with 5 feet..

NAM put Allegheny County into a 1-2 inch snowfall barely. Remember we still have 2 days so all we can ask for is a little further north each time and we get into the 4-6, 6-8 scenario. If it doesn't move any more we only get the inch or so.(Unless you are south and east.) Still time 

I think you are looking at 6z map.  12z has 4+ inches for all AGC, 6+ in south and east AGC.  3+ in northern AGC

snodma.png

Archived