• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
WxChallenge 2015-16

I say we mihgt manage 39 later we should be at about peak for temps

We'll at least get 1-2 more degrees, I'm thinking 55-56 is most likely. 57 certainly isn't even out of the question. Next hour may only be 53, but the clouds will clear again so that the 20z obs will probably be 54-56. At least, that's my guess. Observations in SW Wisconsin are generally 55-59 right now.

As for late, I'm not sure yet. I still expect 40-41, but 39 or 42 wouldn't shock me.

EDIT: Back down to 52F. I hope I'm not wrong. Pretty sure this is due to the thicker clouds, which will be clearing out over the next hour or two. I think the temperature can spike then. Waupaca, WI (KPCZ), not too far west of KGRB, has spiked up to 57F with the sunshine in the last hour. In fact, the entirety of central WI, where there has been clearing, is now 56-57.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll at least get 1-2 more degrees, I'm thinking 55-56 is most likely. 57 certainly isn't even out of the question. Next hour may only be 53, but the clouds will clear again so that the 20z obs will probably be 54-56. At least, that's my guess. Observations in SW Wisconsin are generally 55-59 right now.

As for late, I'm not sure yet. I still expect 40-41, but 39 or 42 wouldn't shock me.

EDIT: Back down to 52F. I hope I'm not wrong. Pretty sure this is due to the thicker clouds, which will be clearing out over the next hour or two. I think the temperature can spike then. Waupaca, WI (KPCZ), not too far west of KGRB, has spiked up to 57F with the sunshine in the last hour. In fact, the entirety of central WI, where there has been clearing, is now 56-57.

Based on the Wundermap stations nearby, I expect it only to be back up to 53F at the 20z obs. However, the temperature spike has moved eastward and is now very close to KGRB, so I think 21z will be the high. 54-56 is my current guess.

EDIT: Up to 54F this hour. I still expect between 20z and 21z to be the high, so I'll go with my original 55-56.

Looks like 54 maybe there might be an intra hour of 55. Now we may see some rain that most of the models tended to keep north of the region.

Especially if rain falls we may not get much lower than mid 40's but then again areas behind the rain are sitting in the low to mid 40's with quick clearing and dp's dropping we will see

46/36/23...

And the rain might make 46 happen at 6z, lol.

Nah cooling might see 44 to start the day I dont see the temps really spiking much tomorrow but hey it got me today so who knows. Highest winds should be from now till about sunrise then just steady but lower winds throughout the day tomorrow.

I still feel like there could have been a time where it hit 39 during that cooling.Wont know till tomorrow.

No trophies

between 60-70th in this city overall sitting around 200 depends on how the day ends.

How do you know your in contention for getting into the tournament?

Click on 'The Challenge' tab on the left hand corner of the website's home page, then select 'Cumul. Scores.'

Under team standings, click on the school you're associated with. If you qualify for the tournament, you'll have a 'WC' or seed number to the right of your 'Cumul Scores.' If you're a category 0, you're not allowed in the tournament (I don't understand why not).

• 1 month later...

68/51/20/0.6

Thought about going warmer due to recent MOS bias, but didn't want to get burned by rain keeping things cool so... I went conservative for D1.

At the last minute I nudged up to 69F. We'll see what happens. I could make an argument in either direction for warmer/cooler highs or more/less precipitation.  :arrowhead:

69/52/20/0.59"

I might finally start trying to post more... Maybe. I tell myself that every time, and then sink back into the depths of lurking.

Anyways, forecasting as sNOwPE for OSU. Made a pretty conservative D1 forecast, but I normally like to play it safe the first couple of days to get a better feel for the city. 

68/53/20/0.61"

Potential temperatures were at least equal to or higher than yesterday's, so unless it was going to rain all afternoon (which didn't look likely to me), it seemed pretty reasonable to expect a higher high, in the 70-73 range. I think that should verify, but exactly where it falls in that range will make a big difference for me. 72-73 would be a great start to the city. :)

I don't like that it's still 69F at this hour, and that that has been the maximum temperature as well. However, yesterday we were able to gain another three degrees over the next two hours. And additionally, it does appear that there's a brief clearing ahead of the frontal band that may help bump the temperature up a few more degrees this afternoon. Still hoping for 72F!

Went 70/52/17/0.64

I went lower on temps thought it would be held down a bit with OVC. Looks like a brief period from now until that line of storms about an hour out moves in. Looks like heaviest further south but should be enough to max temps and then cool them down. I'm unsure about winds here yet they seem to be rather light right now given the setup so that will be a work in progress.

I say 71 may be the max brief chance after this line again at making the max but by then most of the solar potential heating is done.

Archived