• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
WxChallenge 2015-16

43/28/13/0 as well. 

Models are doing absolutely terrible with low temperatures so it's ride the USL time. A couple models had GRB dropping all the way into the low 20s(!) tonight, but I can't see it. We'll see how they can warm up although they'll be trapped under the inversion. Even with the strong inversion, there are some 12-15kt winds below it and BUFKIT suggests about 12-14kts will make it to the surface. 

I was watching last couple of nights closely. I know tonight's sky is much more clear, but GRB doesn't seem to drop as hard as models want it to. I actually thought about going 30 since some high-res models were still above 29 through the night, but clear sky scared me away. GRB is still 35 so I guess we'll see!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down to 36 already with dewpoint at 33. Actually, when I did the forecast, I was wondering about going sub-35 because a couple high-res models had this cooler blob in SE Wisconsin in low-30s and winds were going through that area on the way to GRB.

EDIT: Amazingly, GRB held at 36 the whole night. 

I really didn't have time to look at anything Monday or yesterday (and today isn't much better), but from what I looked at I'm surprised they mixed out the low clouds so quickly today. The whole region has been very socked in for several days so I sort of leaned persistence too which didn't work. On to tomorrow...

Archived