• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's Talk Winter

Steve

ukie would be a track of a very strong low right over us or just slightly east.   We haven't seen that scenario in a very long time, but when it does happen, it usually is mostly heavy rain with a decent changeover depending on how fast or slow it moves and how quickly it deepens.   That being said, I think it's phasing that piece coming out of the northern branch right about the time it starts to life north from the gulf....hence the almost due north track and powerhouse storm.  Pretty much alone right now.  But still plausible I guess.

That's what I figured... Don't recall seeing a due N low track over us in my 12 years of living here. Probably a bad comparison, but the '78 blizzard was due N over CMH and there was snow here... but that's a different beast.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I figured... Don't recall seeing a due N low track over us in my 12 years of living here. Probably a bad comparison, but the '78 blizzard was due N over CMH and there was snow here... but that's a different beast.

78 was probably closer to Zanesville if you want to split hairs.   Back in the early 90's we had a storm go right over us and it really bombed out north of the lakes and we went from driving rain to about 4" of snow.   Before that, I can recall 2 or 3 other storms back through the 80's with similar setups.... but lately...not many at all.   

ILN  :A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL LIFT NORTHEAST FROM THE LOWER
MISSISSIPPI VALLEY ACROSS THE REGION WEDNESDAY...BRINGING
MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN. THIS COULD CAUSE SOME LOCALIZED FLOODING.
STRONG WINDS WILL ACCOMPANY THIS SYSTEM WITH WIND GUSTS OF 40 TO
45 MPH POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY.

COLDER AIR WILL WORK INTO THE AREA WEDNESDAY NIGHT...CHANGING THE
PRECIPITATION TO SNOW. SNOW SHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE DURING THE DAY
THURSDAY. SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY NIGHT
INTO THURSDAY.

/\...this reminded me that whenever Ben Gelber used to talk about accumulations he would refer to 2" as 'several inches'....

ILN :A STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL LIFT NORTHEAST FROM THE LOWER

MISSISSIPPI VALLEY ACROSS THE REGION WEDNESDAY...BRINGING

MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN. THIS COULD CAUSE SOME LOCALIZED FLOODING.

STRONG WINDS WILL ACCOMPANY THIS SYSTEM WITH WIND GUSTS OF 40 TO

45 MPH POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY.

COLDER AIR WILL WORK INTO THE AREA WEDNESDAY NIGHT...CHANGING THE

PRECIPITATION TO SNOW. SNOW SHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE DURING THE DAY

THURSDAY. SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE WEDNESDAY NIGHT

INTO THURSDAY.

/\...this reminded me that whenever Ben Gelber used to talk about accumulations he would refer to 2" as 'several inches'....

Or when they say a "shove-able" snowfall. Lol

NAM now picking up on backside snows. The changeover happening 1am Thursday for CMH. Snows for 15ish hours and drops 4" over Franklin County. 6" Marion to Cleveland. Hmmm, not sure about that high of amounts. I'll gladly be wrong though.

I do not see that happening at all! NAM will back iff those amounts for sure starting tonight.

I think what the models are seeing is that second H5 wave that builds into the trough on Thursday.  That *could* provide enough lift for some accumulating (light) snow on Thursday.  If it was purely just the southern wave, I'd say no way that works out.  But with the secondary shortwave phasing in, we might be able to eek a little snow out.  

Assuming there aren't major track changes, but that never happens :axe:

I love when people outside CMH chime in with new anecdotal examples of how piss poor the winter has been for us... it's as though we didn't know.   But thanks  ;)

Dude, I wasn't meaning to rub it in or anything like that. I am just shaking my head in disbelief at how awful it's been.

Look at my sig. I've only gotten 1" more than CMH this winter. If it wasn't for the 3" I got in the November "storm", you'd have more snow than me. I've pennied and nickled my way to even get to 14". Sorry if I hit a raw nerve, but I'm there too. Additionally, I'm looking at over 3/4" of 33° and rain Wednesday, which will top off a craptastic winter.

I was just trying to commiserate...sheesh.

Dude, I wasn't meaning to rub it in or anything like that. I am just shaking my head in disbelief at how awful it's been.

Look at my sig. I've only gotten 1" more than CMH this winter. If it wasn't for the 3" I got in the November "storm", you'd have more snow than me. I've pennied and nickled my way to even get to 14". Sorry if I hit a raw nerve, but I'm there too. Additionally, I'm looking at over 3/4" of 33° and rain Wednesday, which will top off a craptastic winter.

I was just trying to commiserate...sheesh.

c'mon IWX, I wasn't picking a fight but you have to admit if your intent was to commiserate, you hid it well. 

1. commiserate:   Don't feel bad we're doing just as bad as you

2. rubbing in:  I can't believe that St. Louis is beating you, that's sad.

You went with option 2.   If you consider that commiseration, please don't quit your day job to work a suicide hotline mr. empathy   :lol:   

Anyone up for an April 19-21, 1901 repeat? That one actually screwed areas along/west of I-71, so maybe not. I'd be up for it though.

Absolutely!  That would be such a refreshing change from all the snow and ground zero hits the i-71 corridor has received this winter. 

You almost say it like it would be anomalous for the season.... :lol:

Archived