• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Erika

I was just looping NWS' base reflectivity from Key West and noticing that there is some semblance of counter-clockwise rotation through the x-y axial symmetry there, situated perhaps west of the western most isle by a little.  Muah hahaha, not to far from the famed "loop current" actually. 

Right now deeper layer tropospheric shear considerations are not good, but are modeled to improve over the next 36 hours, as this fragmented remnant of utterly unidentifiable Erika's remains moves slowly NW..  

Code for, should something evolve ribosomatically from the obliterated DNA of her cyclonic ghost ... I suppose it would have to come along with a uniquely new identification and name?  

These are interesting circumstances when you have pallid TCs that dip below and above discernment ... what is the actual protocol for "recognition" in these cases?   I don't actually know 'how' TPC decides whether to recognize a patient perhaps merely coming out of a coma after a near death experience ... -vs- a Hindu rebirth. I kind of like the latter; it adds a spirituality and perhaps substantiates a fraction of this whole weather obsession.  

Seriously, there is that rotation noted.. But hey, since no model (I have seen) does anything anew, given their collective track-record to date regarding any quanta of thermodynamic with this overall mass of atmosphere as it's trundled into the area over the last several days, somewhere in that cloudy scoring there is a gust of poetic resolution for this thing to go on to Category 4ness and slam into New Orleans' hubris about resiliency in the aftermath of lore.  'We will surv ...ummm'

Fairly robust upper level circulation has closed off over the TV and currently substends a trough and/or shear axis into the central Golf of Mexico. That is imparting S shear over the area in question.  A circumstance that is modeled to weaken over the next 24 to 36 hours. Given to the uber octane fuel available, any on-going festering desire to redeem Erika would certainly not take long to tap into that should the deeper layer flow structure abruptly become more favorable.  Interesting...

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this is not completely dead as most stated it was?

It was definitely appropriate for the NHC to downgrade, it probably degenerated 12+ hours before the last advisory.

The interaction between Erika's remnants and an unusually strong summertime frontal system has produced a heavy rain event just as formidable as a tropical storm, with plenty of high winds and TONS of lightning (I have some videos to upload).

The entire region from the northwest Caribbean to Florida is now bubbling with convection and widespread heavy precipitation.

Broad rotation is evident centered on the Florida Keys and convection has been firing across it all day. Looks like too much shear along the front for it to organize though, so this will likely remain a hybrid extreme rain event and not become a TC again. Last night we possibly had a micro TC hit the Florida Keys and southernmost Florida but that was ripped apart overnight.

Half a foot of rain in parts of southeast Florida according to cocorahs, I'm in the axis of highest totals, it stretches from north to south across the western suburbs, and it's not even close to done. I wonder if we will see more insane convection and lightning when diurnal max hits tonight.

a1d02e827167483dad1eca145fac12a9.png

Takes alot more rain than that to cause real issues though. And we were in an extreme drought so this is actually a godsend, might bust the drought single handedly.

20150825_fl_none.png

I thought it was moving NE but looking at radar seems to be moving WNW.  Would it have time to develop if were to move more west than north?  NHC gave it a 0% chance.  Egg on their face if they should ramp up to TS before landfall.

Looks like the egg is on your face. 

Archived