Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Erika

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GGEM and Euro with the 4dvar res are better equipped than the GFS in showing TC intensity. And then I'd still favor the high res TC models. That's what they were designed for.

I totally understand that and am not trying to argue. The only thing I'm trying to understand is how the 00z GFS track is reliable...considering that the modeled intensity is so poor. I was under the impression that track and intesity go hand in hand, and it's difficult for one to be reliable without the other.

Using the GFS for big picture moving parts, such as a general track idea of no curve out to sea, I completely understand (perhaps we are thinking the same thing but just talking around each other, haha)

I totally understand that and am not trying to argue. The only thing I'm trying to understand is how the 00z GFS track is reliable...considering that the modeled intensity is so poor. I was under the impression that track and intesity go hand in hand, and it's difficult for one to be reliable without the other.

Using the GFS for big picture moving parts, such as a general track idea of no curve out to sea, I completely understand (perhaps we are thinking the same thing but just talking around each other, haha)

Sounds about right :lol:

Archived