Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Fall foliage thread

Ginx snewx

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No green left. All Oaks changed/changing

Tons of green Oaks here in South Windsor, Ellington, Vernon, Enfield and Springfield, probably still 25% green in those locations. Full foliage in most spots straight up I-91 into Southern Vermont, very unusual for October 27th. A repeat of October 2011 would be a disaster of even greater magnitude.

Tons of green Oaks here in South Windsor, Ellington, Vernon, Enfield and Springfield, probably still 25% green in those locations. Full foliage in most spots straight up I-91 into Southern Vermont, very unusual for October 27th. A repeat of October 2011 would be a disaster of even greater magnitude.

There were more leaves on the trees then than now.  Even the oaks were still green.

The oaks on this side of the mountain have turned...nothing green.  I'd say were about 30% bare too.

MetHerb, on 27 Oct 2015 - 5:44 PM, said:

There were more leaves on the trees then than now.  Even the oaks were still green.

The oaks on this side of the mountain have turned...nothing green.  I'd say were about 30% bare too.

Not in my area and especially further north. Southern Vermont still has tons of foliage, this area was bare in October 2011 at this point.

Congrats on 80 tomorrow..Will make for nice Green leaf oak viewing in South Weymouth

Tim Kelley NECN ‏@SurfSkiWxMan  54m

squirrely NAM FOUS double Boston Rain since yest to 1" gusts still 35+, subsidence less dramatic, still push 80F Thu http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/raw/fo/fous61.kwno..txt 

Archived