• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of February/ Early March Discussion Thread 2015

Allsnow

Things could certainly change before then but the GFS has rain all day Tuesday and more rain for the end of the week with the gradient pattern and active Southern stream. Looks like around an inch of rain on Tuesday and then more rain moving back in by Wednesday night. Second storm could be wetter than the first one.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By Thursday night we're over 1.5" of rain with much more just to the NW.

Not that bad we get a long break in-between and its just a cold front on the second part…..no use in getting into to much detail. You have been telling people to build a ark the last 2 weeks and nothing has happen yet. 

Not that bad we get a long break in-between and its just a cold front on the second part…..no use in getting into to much detail. You have been telling people to build a ark the last 2 weeks and nothing has happen yet. 

This is the first time that I have hyped a rainstorm this year.

Mentioning that a cutter with this amount of snow on the ground would cause issues is common sense.

Guys,  Monday is  prob a 3 to 6 event around the area . 

Why anyone would speculate on Wed Thrs Fri of " next weeks ":   SLP placement and a R/S line has not learned their lesson this winter . 

Focus on Monday and how that system exits the area . The exact track and deepening will have a big impact on where low 2 and 3 track .

There is still a cold press through the lakes and one should very cautious about anything in this pattern post day 4 .

This is the first time that I have hyped a rainstorm this year.

Mentioning that a cutter with this amount of snow on the ground would cause issues is common sense.

You hyped rain for last saturday night and we never got above 32, then you started  building a ark for sunday night. Now you have moved on to Wednesday event!

We rain on the GGEM from hr 129 to 153. Then break from 153 to 162 and then rain until hour 180.

im not saying rain is not going to happen but this timeframe is just fantasyland. I know you want your rain yanks and it's probably going to happen soon but long ways out. Oh by the way my comment got deleted last night when I said that we'll get light snow an inch was possible I said and of course I got bashed by siritokealot and they deleted my comment. I'm tired of people on here just disapproving my meteorology knowledge. Just have some respect I respect your opinion, & I would appreciate it if you also respect my opinion. It's a weather forum for Petes sake. Can't we just we get along!

Saturday night it didn't rain, it was snow to freezing rain sleet slop than back to snow

All of the storms next week can end up colder if the pv is in the right spot.

Next week we will be in an RNA pattern, it's a lot different than what we have seen over the last month. Without any Atlantic and arctic blocking, it could easily verify as a rain event even with a -epo. The SE ridge is making a comeback

Did it not rain on Saturday night? I haven't made any posts regarding Sunday night and rain.

Huh ? There was 4 to 6 inches throughout the entire area of snow that changed over to FRZ then back to snow .

You were certain " cutters are gona cut " and we were going to rain . I argued that it was a frozen event and that it would trend colder 

That is in no way a win for you ,but it was a bad bust from 5 days out . I can pull our posts .

Not picking on you , but please don`t you care claim victory after you were sure that was rain , and we said no .

4 to 6 changing to FRZ  back to snow was what happened . You hyped rain .

Huh ? There was 4 to 6 inches throughout the entire area of snow that changed over to FRZ then back to snow .

You were certain " cutters are gona cut " and we were going to rain . I argued that it was a frozen event and that it would trend colder 

That is in no way a win for you ,but it was a bad bust from 5 days out . I can pull our posts .

Not picking on you , but please don`t you care claim victory after you were sure that was rain , and we said no .

4 to 6 changing to FRZ  back to snow was what happened . You hyped rain .

Did it not rain on Long Island?

I swear, saying rain around here during Winter is treated like saying the F word in Church.

Archived