Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 20-22 Storm Potential

Hoosier

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you go from a track where it looked as if even YYZ could get precip issues to a track (>)200 miles further south within one day is beyond me. This has been a horrible year for the models. This Winter's a cruel joke. This record cold is nice to a certain point, but this is getting ridiculous now. i just hope March is wetter because its been way too dry.  

We should get a more clearer consistent track from all the models by 12z tomorrow. Storm should be partially sampled tonight. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

How do you go from a track where it looked as if even YYZ could get precip issues to a track (>)200 miles further south within one day is beyond me. This has been a horrible year for the models. This Winter's a cruel joke. This record cold is nice to a certain point, but this is getting ridiculous now. i just hope March is wetter because its been way too dry.  

We should get a more clearer consistent track from all the models by 12z tomorrow. Storm should be partially sampled tonight. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

With the sesonal heating coming on in march, the baroclinic zone should go north, I think it may be a good month for us northern subforum members as long as it doesn't torch too hard.

Will be interesting to see what the 12Z GFS shows.  Seemed to me (I'm still a cold weather semi-virgin obviously) the 18Z was a tad North, held on to the low a little longer before shredding it, but more importantly trended colder allowing for more over running.  I don't want to see it much stronger.  Don't think there's a lot of room for a Northward shift, but another 50 miles, I'll be like Mike Ryan at KIND and blow my top.  Sick of frozen petrified mud  :cry:

GFS took a step in the right direction as it followed the UL trends that the NAM had between 18 and 0z. I would't trust it too much with the details considering the mesoscale nature of the system. The NAM/RGEM should handle the energy better but the trend is clear.

As long as we don't go above freezing. YYZ has a chance to go an entire month without a day above freezing.

Archived