joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post super bowl storm Model discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until last Monday's storm...all of SNE was terribly overdue for snow.  West of a line from Hartford down to New Haven...they are still running big time negative snow anomalies...Nature evens things out over the course of time. 

Remember, many parts of SNE average twice as much snow as the NYC area...and some of the higher spots in the Berkshires & Litchfield Hills average three and four times as much.  That's a lot of ground to make up.

I enjoy your posts Pamela,

Whilst I do agree that Litchfield is in a snow deficit, Norwalk CT and Fairfield County in general, save 2011-2012, has been running on a surplus (average is 30 for Norwalk). This year Easton is 16.5.

As for these type of events, I do fear icing as the CT shoreline tends to switch to sleet/freezing rain for an extended period. I expect 3-6 beforehand.

I enjoy your posts Pamela,

Whilst I do agree that Litchfield is in a snow deficit, Norwalk CT and Fairfield County in general, save 2011-2012, has been running on a surplus (average is 30 for Norwalk). This year Easton is 16.5.

As for these type of events, I do fear icing as the CT shoreline tends to switch to sleet/freezing rain for an extended period. I expect 3-6 beforehand.

Oh yes...Fairfield County has been extremely snowy relative to normal the last decade.  My reference was to the winter in progress...and I might have improvidently drawn that line a bit too far to the east....especially as one heads toward the Sound as snow averages there can be compensated for in short order (i.e. last Monday's event). 

I haven't peaked at the 0z NAM yet...but those intermediate model runs from the SREF's did not sound encouraging.  One would imagine that one would be safe (for all snow) from a line from Danbury over to Waterbury...but this storm has had its share of twists & turns...so I'm not sure where the boundary will set up at this point. 

Thank you for speaking well of me...kindness is always appreciated. 

Oh yes...Fairfield County has been extremely snowy relative to normal the last decade. My reference was to the winter in progress...and I might have improvidently drawn that line a bit too far to the east....especially as one heads toward the Sound as snow averages there can be compensated for in short order (i.e. last Monday's event).

I haven't peaked at the 0z NAM yet...but those intermediate model runs from the SREF's did not sound encouraging. One would imagine that one would be safe (for all snow) from a line from Danbury over to Waterbury...but this storm has had its share of twists & turns...so I'm not sure where the boundary will set up at this point.

Thank you for speaking well of me...kindness is always appreciated.

Archived