• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter medium range model pbp I

GaWx

It is a cutter...but not a massive lakes cutter. If you at 5h the difference is almost night and day you have a 50/50 low (well almost one anyways) and the PV is in better position. This should help setup colder air after this storm....but I want to see in future runs if it keeps pushing the PV and 50/50 low better. Also on this run our energy out west is less organized. Don't think the storm is going to happen but I like the changes the GFS is making.

It's not really a cutter . A low tried to pop across Mississippi but the Ohio calley low became the dominant feature

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, sacrificing a storm for a chance at another behind (better setup). It's been happening all year.

It seems we have seen positive things on the models all winter, but not enough to make a difference for snow. I guess that is why I have seen so many days of 40s and rain this winter. Close but no cigar so far.

It seems we have seen positive things on the models all winter, but not enough to make a difference for snow. I guess that is why I have seen so many days of 40s and rain this winter. Close but no cigar so far.

Something could be setting up in the longer range from what I see so far.  It'd probably be best to show just too warm this far out.

We just need one to get to that 133% + of average guys. Heading into Feb, I'm not sure why everyone is trying to give up so soon. Someone is going to end up with a storm at some point. What are the real odds that pretty much everyone gets only a trace at best?

The modeling isn't the absolute worst there can be.  Plenty of shots at a potential storm if things line up well.  We go through the same thing every year.

The UK looks to have shifted much further south with the low running through N-GA.  The 0z run had low up in the lakes.  We need the southern low to slow down or the HP to speed up, combination of both...wishcastingFTL.

UK would be a nice winter storm for KY to WV to MA up to NE.

post-2311-0-61923800-1422376344_thumb.pn

Overall I like the pattern of the GFS after this weekend. On the surface it's a total heartbreaker. Cold air in front of energy and cold air behind it. Storm rolls over and blows up giving some ZR but most a cold rain with cold air coming right behind it. 

I agree, the setup is really good next week. overall i like our chances w/ the stj and overall NH pattern.

You know it's a bad winter when you get a the perfect track w/ a gulf low on hour 210+ of the gfs and it's still rain.

Our luck; we're threading the needle to get rain. **but as Burger said this really is not that bad a setup.

Here's precip type at hour 216:

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Fgfs%2F12%2Fgfs_namer_216_dom_precip_type.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&storm=&cycle=12&param=dom_precip_type&fhr=216&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&ps=model&use_mins=no&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150127+12+UTC&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

What happened to that epic cold shot the Euro was showing for the first week of Feb, LOL.   I thought you couldn't mess up Feb in the SE with a +ENSO/+PDO.  

Too bad your map stopped at 240, that cold swings east on the mean BTW...big difference from 2/6 to 2/7, but let's split hairs.

cPYetkq.png

I didn't say OMG, I just said thanks the day 10+ looks cold, looks great. I was being sincere.

My bad, hard to tell if there is sarcasm on the Internet. Usually when people refer to something good in day 10+ they are being sarcastic and don't believe it will verify. I still like the first week of feb for a storm but I may be one of the few left.

My bad, hard to tell if there is sarcasm on the Internet. Usually when people refer to something good in day 10+ they are being sarcastic and don't believe it will verify. I still like the first week of feb for a storm but I may be one of the few left.

This is very close, shift that PV about 50 miles SE, if that.

post-2311-0-74917400-1422379308_thumb.pn

Archived