mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
January Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As "Roseanne Roseannadanna" used to say on SNL way back when, "If it's not one thing, it's another!" Anyone here like her? Maybe that's what she was always referring to, getting a major SE snowstorm. Things have to be just right or forgettaboutit. Otherwise, they wouldn't occur only about once every few years or so on average. I'm talking those that include places like N GA and vicinity as well as many other well inland areas getting major snow (say ~4"+).

I remember Roseanna.  But I thought she would say, "it's always something".

Moved from PBP thread since I didn't want to get off-topic there:

about an hour.

Interesting. I haven't been to your town yet, but it took me more than 75 minutes from Asheville to Cherokee earlier today when I went up to Newfound Gap. Maybe it's because US-19 is such a slow road?

Moved from PBP thread since I didn't want to get off-topic there:

Interesting. I haven't been to your town yet, but it took me more than 75 minutes from Asheville to Cherokee earlier today when I went up to Newfound Gap. Maybe it's because US-19 is such a slow road?

it's four lane the whole way but you have to cross two mtns. You should come to franklin one day the take 64 to highlands and see the cullasaja river gorge.

it's four lane the whole way but you have to cross two mtns. You should come to franklin one day the take 64 to highlands and see the cullasaja river gorge.

Oh wow, that waterfall is beautiful on Google. I'll have to come when weather is warmer and trees are back green again!

From feeling the need to continue watching every model run for the next week.

The Canadian actually isn't quite as bad as I initially thought.  Honestly, we have this storm right where we want it. :yikes:

Not really, but I do have to say that a storm going OTS wide right gives me more hope than a cutter does.  False hope, perhaps, but hope, nevertheless.  I'm a sucker and a glutton for punishment.

The Canadian actually isn't quite as bad as I initially thought. Honestly, we have this storm right where we want it. :yikes:

Not really, but I do have to say that a storm going OTS wide right gives me more hope than a cutter does. False hope, perhaps, but hope, nevertheless. I'm a sucker and a glutton for punishment.

I really wish I could stay away from here for like 3 days and come back Tuesday to see a big dog, but I can't, I have a problem!

Hi, my name is Mack, and I'm a weenie and hooked on weather!

I really wish I could stay away from here for like 3 days and come back Tuesday to see a big dog, but I can't, I have a problem!

Hi, my name is Mack, and I'm a weenie and hooked on weather!

haha i been thinkin the same thing its like i wana take a break but geez its addicting i dont even get full nights sleep sometimes in the winter bc of model runs...

Archived