• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/3-1/4 Possible Storm

Zelocita Weather

12Z RGEM and NAM both show a sneaky lead wave of precip that could be dangerous for anyone going all liquid for the coast...the NAM hints at it blossoming an area of precip at 48 hours down in the MD and VA area...the RGEM is more noticeable with it at 48 hours almost into PHL already...I cannot tell what is generating it..may be pure overrunning or jet streak based because nothing showing at 500mb.

Would it be snow or ice/sleet?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blueprint for a Great Lakes Cutter

guidance tutorial for online products 

and how they tie in (relate) to this system 

If this helps just one of the crew here,

my work has been worth it 

dm

guest view

please join the madness   :grad: 

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b368/Doorman_/cut-track_zpsxdfalt4r.gif

upton

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/okx/stormtotalprecip.php

00z GFS is definitely colder, looks like a inch or 2 for newark west. NYC gets null.

The RGEM is still somewhat early on the precip...it has NYC rain but I don't know about that, colder ocean temps now, an east wind won't warm the BL that fast...if this comes in at 16Z NYC will see 3-4 hours of snow.

gemreg00_PT.15.gif?t=1420173635

Does the RGEM still bring in precip mid morning ?

More or less 16z, the NWS Upton has a rain snow mix at LGA 16-22z so they definitely are seeing the potential of frozen precip for several hours, my feeling is if will either be all frozen or mostly liquid in the 17-21z period, it all depends how heavy the leading edge of the precip is, if it's got moderate or heavy bands we could see a quick inch of two surprise. A similar system surprised us in 12-13, most everyone went all rain and NYC and LGA got a quick 1-2 inches of snow

Nam looks like 1"+ snow for most...

Looks to me like maybe a dusting for some of us in NE NJ and northern portions of the NYC area with no accumulation for many.....1"+ as you head into western suburbs and 2-3" for those higher elevations like West Milford. Quickly transitions to plain rain though. A coating is possible for a couple hours, but I'm skeptical of even that

Gfs actually shows a burst of precip for n nj which has about .25" equiv as snow...

Taken verbatim, the 00z GFS shows no snow accumulation for anywhere east of NYC...maybe up to a dusting for NYC and nearby western suburbs and an inch from 287 and west. Only high point, NJ receives 0.25" as frozen. NE/NYC receives between 0.01 and 0.05" frozen. Again, hopefully this is wrong, but this is what it shows. It cut back from 18z for us. "On to the next" will be our chant this winter ;)

Archived