Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Northern Ohio Obs/Discussion Part 2

Trent

• 3 weeks later...

We've had an incredible start to Summer... weeks of dry and sunny weather. We really need the rain though... can't recall a time that yards were starting to brown out in early June. Late May/early June is usually the peak time for lawns. Smoke is super heavy today -- looks like a dense overcast out there. 

17 minutes ago, NEOH said:

Low of 44 last night, and smoky skies again this morning. Definitely chilly for June. Its probably due to the lack of rain but there are no flies or mosquito's yet which is strange. 

I noticed that too. Even working in the woodlots I’ve barely had to use bug spray when taking care of trees. Thick plume this morning. The company I work for has been in fire precaution mode starting Monday. Coniferous forest are really bad especially 

54 minutes ago, NEOH said:

Low of 44 last night, and smoky skies again this morning. Definitely chilly for June. Its probably due to the lack of rain but there are no flies or mosquito's yet which is strange. 

Definitely a dry start to the summer.  We could definitely use the rain.... looks like maybe early next week.  

Smoky skies are ominous, even an air quality alert   Seems like since last weekend they have been like that. Don't remember a stretch like this before.  

4 hours ago, dta1984 said:

Definitely a dry start to the summer.  We could definitely use the rain.... looks like maybe early next week.  

Smoky skies are ominous, even an air quality alert   Seems like since last weekend they have been like that. Don't remember a stretch like this before.  

I think the record stretch is 25 days of no precip.. We'll run it close but it looks like a good chance for rain on Monday. If anything the smoke has made for some amazing sunsets. 

On 6/12/2023 at 2:31 PM, Floydbuster said:

Definitely a more dry summer. I notice every time rain is forecast, the percentages become lower and lower the closer we get to the forecast day. I love it though. I want hot, sunny and dry.

I've had 3.78" of rain so far this week... much needed and definitely a drought buster. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lightning said:

And you are going to get more.  Amazing what ~hundred miles does !!!

No doubt... very lucky to get the rain. It was extremely dry. Hopefully we can get a more spread the wealth type rainfall for the lower lakes region. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SolidIcewx said:

South of I69 today could get some. I’m hoping for DTX area storms with wide spread coverage even if non severe. Ohio will get some love too I hope

Its smoky out there today. Wonder how much that limit instability. Looks like the radar is starting to light up NW of Detroit. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NEOH said:

Its smoky out there today. Wonder how much that limit instability. Looks like the radar is starting to light up NW of Detroit. 

Well looks like the smoke had no impact on yesterday  B)  Loads of fun in SE MI to Northern OH! :thumbsup:

Sad it is all over for the next 10+ days :cry:

5 hours ago, Lightning said:

Well looks like the smoke had no impact on yesterday  B)  Loads of fun in SE MI to Northern OH! :thumbsup:

Sad it is all over for the next 10+ days :cry:

The Smokey sunshine came out after lol. Storms did not get tall enough to bring it all down

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, WHEATCENT said:

Pretty smokey/chemically smelling out there tonight....

Its terrible out there today. Thickest smoke we've had so far. It must be doing something to the flies... have had very few flies or mosquitos so far this summer. 

At least things are green and lush again after the recent rains. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SolidIcewx said:

Not sure where to put this but a quick question for Ohio folks. I might have a work assignment down in Findlay Ohio where I might have an extended stay what’s around that area in terms of things to do or cool spots to go to?

Findlay Brewing Co is an awesome spot. Some solid golf courses around the area as well. Definitely a weird town in that it’s in the middle of nowhere, but is home to one of the largest companies in the world

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 4:34 PM, NEOH said:

I believe it was sent... too depressing to look at so I deleted it. OHWeather would likely have it. 

I will check and see if we produced one. We tallied up all the snow spotter totals but I'm not sure if there's a map to go with it. 

• 3 weeks later...