northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Dec 9-10 storm threat

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a storm in late Jan 2010 that rained on me, but the winds were tremendous....the perfect storm, Sandy....rain, but THOSE were epic. Anyone claiming this is epic is delusional...period.It isn't, and that assesment had nothing to do with precip type.

Nah dude, the LLJ at 850 is like 3-4SD. Like nothing we have ever seen before.

Love how you two bozos make stuff up and then act like someone actually said that. Sorry but I am going to call out your BS.

Oh give it a rest. I don't really care about the exact word you used. I just said it because I saw Scott use it...if you never did, I'll mail you a brownie and a "I survived a 6 hour period of heavy rain" T shirt.

Thats like saying hurricane Gloria was almost 1938 like....key word "almost"...

Yes. But it illustrates the rarity of the evolution. So that is interesting to me. I remember the big hurricane summer of 1954....7 years old that summer, turned 8 in December. But I have vivid memories of the 3 big hits imby that summer along with every hurricane since that gave >50 mph winds.

Yes. But it illustrates the rarity of the evolution. So that is interesting to me. I remember the big hurricane summer of 1954....7 years old that summer, turned 8 in December. But I have vivid memories of the 3 big hits imby that summer along with every hurricane since that gave >50 mph winds.

Carol. My mother, who is named Carol coincidentally,  remembers that one well. 

Like I said, it is unique as far as track and evolution, and I'll leave it at that.

Hmm, this looks pretty much like an isothermal blue bomb here on the front end. If it isn't, it's pretty darn close to it. The soundings warm up to rain by 00z, but the period from 15z to 21z Tuesday looks interesting. I'm still holding onto some hope that we can pull something off on the front end of this thing.

post-48-0-40983000-1418012594_thumb.png

See I differ from you guys. Sensible wx may not be much different but this is almost perfect storm like in its evolution. Key word is almost.

Ehh, if there was a hurricane this was combining with and it was plowing into NJ, I might give you that. Other than that it should be another loud, too rainy nor'easter for us. Sandy is held as just about Finger of God from Twister around these parts.

Archived