Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Hurricane Gonzalo

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any other webcam links besides the port bermuda one ? 

doesn't seem like any of the major networks feel like giving this even an ounce of live reporting. 

Just the port bermuda webcam alone would keep viewers stationed...ebola would have to take a back seat...for now. 

I don't want to get too far off topic here but yeah  the media has completely lost their minds  with the over the top ebola hysteria. It's incredible to me that even a major and very serious life threatening hurricane to our friends in bermuda is not enough to interupt  the " breaking news" of nothing new happening. For it to be pretty much ignored in favor of obsessing over something that has  infected less people than the average number of people killed per year by vending machines falling over is absurd.

At any rate, gusts now to hurricane force at comm point. St. Davids is getting close now with 60 knot gusts. That northern part of the eyewall is looking more intense.

I don't want to get too far off topic here but yeah  the media has completely lost their minds  with the over the top ebola hysteria. It's incredible to me that even a major and very serious life threatening hurricane to our friends in bermuda is not enough to interupt  the " breaking news" of nothing new happening. For it to be pretty much ignored in favor of obsessing over something that has  infected less people than the average number of people killed per year by vending machines falling over is absurd.

At any rate, gusts now to hurricane force at comm point. St. Davids is getting close now with 60 knot gusts. That northern part of the eyewall is looking more intense.

The Weather Channel has been covering it. Their has been a report of a tornado, and radar is showing a band of potentially tornadic storms embedded in a band headed toward the island.

The Weather Channel has been covering it. Their has been a report of a tornado, and radar is showing a band of potentially tornadic storms embedded in a band headed toward the island.

Well of course they are. But I'm sorry to say they are about the only ones other than a 20 second mention every half hour  between endless segments of hysteria on the major networks.

Things are really picking up on the webcam. They aren't too far away from  getting into the highest winds.

Does anyone have a good radar source?

http://www.weather.bm/radar.asp

Part of it is probably due to no american news outlets deciding to make the trip.

appears like full blown hurricane like conditions on webcam now. 

Well of course they are. But I'm sorry to say they are about the only ones other than a 20 second mention every half hour  between endless segments of hysteria on the major networks.

Things are really picking up on the webcam. They are very close to getting into the highest winds.

http://www.weather.bm/radar.asp

I agree about the Ebola hysteria and media. The edge of the eye looks to be about 120 or so km from Bermuda, and that eyewall is looking rather nasty.

I agree about the Ebola hysteria and media. The edge of the eye looks to be about 120 or so km from Bermuda, and that eyewall is looking rather nasty.

It looks like they are going to get blasted by the strongest eyewall convection. Just in the last 2 minutes conditions on the webcam have become really intense. Can't hardly see the ocean anymore lol

71 knot gust now at comm point.

Edit..make that 75 kts

40 foot wave heights approaching Bermuda from the SSW.

What was interesting about the typhoon in the Philippines last year. Was how the residents were like "if they would of told us a tsunami was coming, we would of left"   which is basically what it felt like to them when the eyewall neared.  Expect a similar type of dramatic surge when the eyewall nears.  Since this thing has been untouched the whole way through.  (no land affected) 

It looks like they are going to get blasted by the strongest eyewall convection. Just in the last 2 minutes conditions on the webcam have become really intense. Can't hardly see the ocean anymore lol

Also the roar of the wind is overwhelming the microphone on the cam. 86 mph gust just now at Commissioners point.

Edit..make that 75 kts

Can you point me to this ob site? Thanks!

Archived