• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk Winter!

Steve

it seems like every winter there is a distinct point when it feels like the door is officially shutting and it's time to move on.   It usually comes on the heels of late big dog somewhere in the subforum.    This is that point.   I mean, sure we'll probably get a few crusty slushy inches here and there as we hobble towards the end of April....but with daylight savings time coming this weekend and the thaw next week....you just get that 'feeling' that the season of model watching and late nights with the euro are officially over.

Kinda sad....time to find a new distraction...or at least refocus it towards something more productive,  until next November  :lol:

time to cancel my weather bell subscription

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it seems like every winter there is a distinct point when it feels like the door is officially shutting and it's time to move on. It usually comes on the heels of late big dog somewhere in the subforum. This is that point. I mean, sure we'll probably get a few crusty slushy inches here and there as we hobble towards the end of April....but with daylight savings time coming this weekend and the thaw next week....you just get that 'feeling' that the season of model watching and late nights with the euro are officially over.

Kinda sad....time to find a new distraction...or at least refocus it towards something more productive, until next November :lol:

It's been fun my friend! Take care & talk to you in the Fall. Have a great summer!

it seems like every winter there is a distinct point when it feels like the door is officially shutting and it's time to move on. It usually comes on the heels of late big dog somewhere in the subforum. This is that point. I mean, sure we'll probably get a few crusty slushy inches here and there as we hobble towards the end of April....but with daylight savings time coming this weekend and the thaw next week....you just get that 'feeling' that the season of model watching and late nights with the euro are officially over.

Kinda sad....time to find a new distraction...or at least refocus it towards something more productive, until next November :lol:

Well I'm officially sucked back in for one final round. Temps per GFS and EURO aren't too far off for being a week away for next weekend and with the recent systems trending south I think this one deserves at least watching. I mean this will surely be the last shot at anything significant where snow is concerned.

Well I'm officially sucked back in for one final round. Temps per GFS and EURO aren't too far off for being a week away for next weekend and with the recent systems trending south I think this one deserves at least watching. I mean this will surely be the last shot at anything significant where snow is concerned.

Don't torture yourself!!!!!

I've seen 6"+ in April 4 times in Cleveland, so I never give up hope haha. Two storms were 18"+ out of those for me. But I won't be watching quite as intently. By the time it's realistically impossible to get accumulating snow school is essentially done and then summer flies by and it's September before I know it :) (the smile is for summer and being off school haha)

I've seen 6"+ in April 4 times in Cleveland, so I never give up hope haha. Two storms were 18"+ out of those for me. But I won't be watching quite as intently. By the time it's realistically impossible to get accumulating snow school is essentially done and then summer flies by and it's September before I know it :) (the smile is for summer and being off school haha)

Lake effect I assume? Here it's a rarity for April snows.

Lake effect I assume? Here it's a rarity for April snows.

Three had some synoptic component (I believe April 23-25, 2005 dropped like 8" even in Mansfield), one was pure lake effect. Lake enhancement did contribute to higher amounts in the other 3 (I saw 20" April 23-25, 2005). We could get a big dog like April 1987, storms seem to have a tendency to stall and dump in April if they ever happen.

anyone want to take bets that 'our' big dog for the season, (the I-70 corridor), is still hiding in the shadows waiting to jump out late March early April?

Agree with Pondo. I'd take the bet. I think we will see some snow but nothing worth noting. Was hoping the weekend system would be something but it's a wash. So I say no big dog for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived