Newest Member
    Toothache
WxChallenge 2014-2015

Jurg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

55/25/20/0

Wasn't sure on the low, I'm leaning towards it staying a bit warmer, but went with 25 because I wasn't sure. With good WAA, plenty of sun and deep enough mixing went warm for the high and higher for the winds. I'm not sure if it'll hit 55 but I figured there'd be a tight clustering near 52 and I want to be different lol

55/25/20/0

Wasn't sure on the low, I'm leaning towards it staying a bit warmer, but went with 25 because I wasn't sure. With good WAA, plenty of sun and deep enough mixing went warm for the high and higher for the winds. I'm not sure if it'll hit 55 but I figured there'd be a tight clustering near 52 and I want to be different lol

Same exact forecast lol.

That was essentially my reasoning. Wanted to go 54 but went 55 because I thought 53 would be consesus. I little surprised its below 52, don't see it being that low.

Clouds? I didn't see any (real) opportunity for clouds.

There were some mid-upper level clouds overnight that were well forecasted by the HRRR, but looks like they were able to undergo some decent radiational cooling the two hours overnight and they got to 24 in the hourly METARs (perhaps lower interhour) 

There were some mid-upper level clouds overnight that were well forecasted by the HRRR, but looks like they were able to undergo some decent radiational cooling the two hours overnight and they got to 24 in the hourly METARs (perhaps lower interhour) 

The clouds were mostly to their south, but I see your point. Looks like they were indeed close enough to stop the drop until they finally cleared out at the last minute.

The clouds were mostly to their south, but I see your point. Looks like they were indeed close enough to stop the drop until they finally cleared out at the last minute.

Yeah, I saw clouds coming out from New Mexico on satellite so I figured to account for that instead of going 23 or 24. I wasn't believing 26+ after Sunday morning low of 21 even though high res were warmer.

Because of my near-consensus forecast, I'm not gaining or hurting from anything today other than little boost from wind. I should land around 2-3 points behind Category 4 leader after today, which should put me in good position to get trophy if I get three more good forecasts.

Archived