joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Medium/Long Range thread

famartin

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday night into Sunday looks like we could see some snow/ice over to rain....However, after this wave the pattern gets cold again. I still absolutely love the chance for a major storm towards the end of the month. 

I like this weekend's potential...still not a certainty whether it cuts (and changes to rain) or not.  I may start a separate thread for it,

Also, I do like the potential for the rest of the month into early March for at least one good event.

As Ray says, we have ways to go, but the threat is there.  Still have to get through today.  Something tells me folks may get more snow than expected today. Man, DC getting hammered right now.  

But hey, we have something to track.  That will make my week go nice and fast. You now how it goes with work at times.  

-5F the next six weeks i sincerely hope not. That would be a disaster. Lucky the CFS flips regularly but I think the ECM weeklies recently were calling for below normal in March.

It probably would be given the Great Lakes are frozen almost to the extent as they were last year (a below-normal spring year) and could go for the 1979 levels with > 94% coverage.

18z GFS for next Monday is almost a clone of the last storm from how it looked a week away. Of course we ended up with the weak low through Buffalo which botched things up on later runs.

Feeling weary of winter and want to have spring fever but damn it's cold and if it's going to be this cold then it might as well snow

Archived