• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 13-15 Snow Threat

Hoosier

Just drove from WB to AA (of course I was traveling)... Legit heavy snow at times, full on "warp speed" effect with the flakes. One of the worst drives in terms of road visibility I've had (the rain coated roads played a big role here though

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some pretty good returns over the lake just offshore. Alek and T-road might pick up some rare April LES!

MKX.N0Q.20140415.0330.gif

I remember an April LES off of southern Lake Michigan...I want to say mid April 2002 but other than that I can't say I remember another one in April.  It's gotta be fairly unusual.

Some pretty good returns over the lake just offshore. Alek and T-road might pick up some rare April LES!

I have to admit I'm surprised by how nice of a plume that is!  You can see it stretching all the way down through Lake County (IN) but the strength really decreases before it gets to shore.  Likely as CAA continues overnight we'll increase those delta T's and see that make it to shore.

It figures the HRRR stopped running at 21z, but at the time it didn't really have anything going yet at 04z.  Later on into the overnight it was hitting Lake County with a slight signal, so it at least has the general placement right.

1ref_t7sfc_f07.png

Not sure if O'Hare cracked an inch but if they did, it would be the first time they've had an inch or greater on April 14 or later since April 16, 1983.

6:55 report at least.

0655 PM SNOW OHARE AIRPORT 41.98N 87.90W

04/14/2014 M0.5 INCH COOK IL OFFICIAL NWS OBS

00Z SNOWFALL. STILL SNOWING. SEASON TOTAL AS OF 7PM WAS

81.1 INCHES.

Pavement is still wet here. Of course, I probably had more rain this evening than everyone else (which is helping to delay pavement accumulation).

However, it's plastering everywhere else with the blowing.

Just started sticking to the pavement here....

1.0" exactly so far

Already a half inch here on the east side. If temperatures drop anymore it will start sticking to the pavement. Really impressive how hard it was snowing while driving home, I would say legit moderate snow almost heavy snow. A mix of small flakes and occasionally nice dendrites.

Archived