• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh/Western PA Banter & Complaint Thread

48 minutes ago, TimB said:

C47534AD-A591-4F0A-BB2D-9CF125055954.thumb.jpeg.ee010ac43e761ad1b946b95905e99b0c.jpeg

Does this one even need words?

Meh, we're not really missing anything. Even north of I-80, it doesn't look like more than an inch or so. You have to be way up near the lakeshore in Erie for this event to maybe pick up a few inches (but anything over 3" there would probably have to come via lake enhancement/lake effect as the storm pulls away tomorrow). Most of those advisories are for a tenth or two tenths of icing, with only light snow/sleet accumulations. I'd actually prefer 33-36 and rain, over 30-33 with icing concerns. Western New York might do all right, but even there it looks like mainly 3-6 inches which is really nothing for that region.

10 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Meh, we're not really missing anything. Even north of I-80, it doesn't look like more than an inch or so. You have to be way up near the lakeshore in Erie for this event to maybe pick up a few inches (but anything over 3" there would probably have to come via lake enhancement/lake effect as the storm pulls away tomorrow). Most of those advisories are for a tenth or two tenths of icing, with only light snow/sleet accumulations. I'd actually prefer 33-36 and rain, over 30-33 with icing concerns. Western New York might do all right, but even there it looks like mainly 3-6 inches which is really nothing for that region.

I think he posted it just as an example of how much our corner if the state sucks for winter weather sometimes. There's been more times than I'd like to recall where we had similar maps but the advisories and warning were for snow.

34 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

I think he posted it just as an example of how much our corner if the state sucks for winter weather sometimes. There's been more times than I'd like to recall where we had similar maps but the advisories and warning were for snow.

In this case, our area of the entire NE quadrant of the US.

On 1/30/2022 at 5:58 PM, TimB said:

The storm this week was never really ours and it’s still early, but we only have to think back to the middle of February 2021 to remember missing out on a storm and then later realizing it was our last chance for any appreciable snowfall.

It’s a good thing we got a few inches on the back end of that Feb 3-4 storm, because if we missed out on it, this scenario would be dangerously close to coming true.

6 hours ago, TimB said:

It’s a good thing we got a few inches on the back end of that Feb 3-4 storm, because if we missed out on it, this scenario would be dangerously close to coming true.

This winter was an absolute dud. ONe underperformer that up to 24 hours out was showing potential of a huge storm, and a couple of clippers and OK wrap around events. 

I think if that January storm would have performed up to snuff the winter would have felt Ok, but the fact our only real major threat of the winter was full of Ptype and dryslot issues really was a downfall. Last year we had a fairly poor end to the winter, but at least December was good and had a storm that actually, for once, performed or even over performed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2022 at 2:44 PM, KPITSnow said:

This winter was an absolute dud. ONe underperformer that up to 24 hours out was showing potential of a huge storm, and a couple of clippers and OK wrap around events. 

I think if that January storm would have performed up to snuff the winter would have felt Ok, but the fact our only real major threat of the winter was full of Ptype and dryslot issues really was a downfall. Last year we had a fairly poor end to the winter, but at least December was good and had a storm that actually, for once, performed or even over performed.

That January storm did sting.
Not so much for the overall totals, but how anomalous the 850 intrusion was for what would normally be a great surface track. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Nope just poking fun.

And do not have Reddit.  What is this elusive reddit troller even doing anyway, lol?

Moved to banter. I only have a throwaway account on there. I tried to look into it once, but all I found is the real KPIT’s Reddit. I get the impression that the troll was an impersonator who probably made over the top exaggerations of his complaints about winter.

16 minutes ago, TimB said:

Moved to banter. I only have a throwaway account on there. I tried to look into it once, but all I found is the real KPIT’s Reddit. I get the impression that the troll was an impersonator who probably made over the top exaggerations of his complaints about winter.

hmmm...

24 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

:mellow:

I think his comments make sense. If we get 2-4” we finish the winter with a total in the 30s, while if we get nothing we can still finish the winter with a total in the 20s which gives him more of an avenue to complain about how horrible this winter was.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TimB said:

I think his comments make sense. If we get 2-4” we finish the winter with a total in the 30s, while if we get nothing we can still finish the winter with a total in the 20s which gives him more of an avenue to complain about how horrible this winter was.

It’s a crappy winter either way. A 6+ event would save it, but a 3 inch event that once again pulls back totals as we close in on the event would suck.

Again, don’t be as bad as the MLK debacle. 

2-4" in mid-March should make any snow lover happy, plus it's on the back of an unpredicted 3" event in March.  Not sure I understand the not wanting 2-4" if that's what we get, especially this time of year.  The timing is like saying you'd rather get nothing in November vs. 2-4", when there was an outside possibility of 6".  Sign me up for that at that time of year.

• Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

2-4" in mid-March should make any snow lover happy, plus it's on the back of an unpredicted 3" event in March.  Not sure I understand the not wanting 2-4" if that's what we get, especially this time of year.  The timing is like saying you'd rather get nothing in November vs. 2-4", when there was an outside possibility of 6".  Sign me up for that at that time of year.

If we get a March 1993 blizzard the complainers will still say it was an average winter. 

The complainers will not be satisfied until we get 80+ inches and several blizzards. Then they will complain that it could have been 100 or Christmas wasn't snowy enough. :P

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Lol. Another storm that totals keep decreasing right up till the start of it. 

This is the capper on a horrific winter where our “best” storm was a mixing, dry slotting mess of a bust and put overperformer got 3.5 inches. 

Just miss us completely and move to spring. I don’t want the annoying 3 inches that will melt by the next day anyways 

1 hour ago, KPITSnow said:

Lol. Another storm that totals keep decreasing right up till the start of it. 

This is the capper on a horrific winter where our “best” storm was a mixing, dry slotting mess of a bust and put overperformer got 3.5 inches. 

Just miss us completely and move to spring. I don’t want the annoying 3 inches that will melt by the next day anyways 

image.jpeg.9351f16ba791c93e256fe41d1fa7e733.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I showed you the snow map and you blew it off. Not doing it again.

I'll show you this snowfall map from the NWS service, you'll see that it has us in the 2-3' range, just barely, for the season.  These maps never seem to be totally accurate.  Just after the 3" earlier this week this same map showed us in the 1-2' range even though the NWS officially recorded 29.9" of snow, more than 2'.  So, excuse me for not taking the maps as gospel, when they clearly are off.sfav2_CONUS_2021093012_to_2022031212.png

• Like 1