Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 20-22 Winter Weather Threat

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for ****s n giggles alone, i'm interested in what kind of j/o material the 18z NAM conjures up.

stupid model kept me home j/o instead of fishing.  meh fishing sucked yesterday, im sunburned, and there will be days of ice fishing until april at least. prob be close to another record late ice out up north like last yr.  Travel on lakes up there after this storm will be by mountain snow machine only and then you'll prob still get stuck in places.

stupid model kept me home j/o instead of fishing.  meh fishing sucked yesterday, im sunburned, and there will be days of ice fishing until april at least. prob be close to another record late ice out up north like last yr.

was nearly the first of May( or maybe after even) last year when the ice broke up across the road.

Most lakes in far northern wi were iced in for the game fishing opener the 2nd weekend in may last yr... yeah ice is going no where fast even in the south.   this little torch is a good thing anyways for here. snow was insulating the ice from building any more depth than really two feet of ice its had for the last month and the travel sucked on it..  now we'll be down to very little snow on the ice in far se wi and with the pv coming and almost a lock for a below normal March we can add to the ice depth again..  didn't think we'd need an auger extension but now with looking like multiple nights below zero possible I might be sol as they are sold out for my power auger every where I look.

I'd prefer to not have a foot of snow, but i guess it doesnt matter, because all the rain is going to absorb into the snowpack anyways and become a huge glacier when the cold comes back...  either way its going to be awhile before we get significant melting.

the SREF plumes have about 6.1" of snow and 0.6" of liquid for Lacrosse, with a huge range of 1 to 13" ( 0.3 to 1.3" liquid equivalent). Oh boy what a fun forecast.

northern Iowa blizzard warning

---

* 6 TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED.* BLIZZARD AND WHITEOUT CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED BY LATE  AFTERNOON AND INTO THE OVERNIGHT. WINDS OF 25 TO 30 MPH...  GUSTING TO 45 MPH...WILL CREATE MAJOR BLOWING AND DRIFTING  SNOW.

Archived