Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Light snow 2/14-2/15 Seems so small after a big hit

Mitchell Gaines

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-4 N and W of 95 seems like a solid call.  It's STILL a plowable event, and it's nice to see money being funneled towards those contractors to help out the economy (unlike the other poster who was against plow contracts paying out!  or just more for how much these storms hurt the economy). 

Wxsim with 6z data has trended a little stronger with today's event for NW Chesco - it now has a solid 4" to 5" event. It also has another 3" or 4"of snow overnight into Tuesday AM....hopefully not another snow day for my kids!  Of note we also had a coating of snow a little earlier this morning so here is the run down.

Currently Cloudy temp 29.0

Moderate Snow by 10am temp down to 28.0

Heavy Snow at 1pm temp at 28.0 - 2.0"

Moderate Snow at 4pm at 28.5 - 3" to 4"

7pm Snow diminishing - total snow 4" to 5"

Temps will fall a couple degrees with onset of precip and if it gets moderate to heavy it will stick especially on non-paved surfaces...which is where you measure anyway

Nothing happening here.  29.8 degrees.  Accu-Wx has downgraded from 2-4 to 1-3.  NWS map seems to have expanded it's 2-4" coverage.   Unless the snow is heavy, it will have difficulty accumulating on paved surfaces.

I saw what the February sun did yesterday (and 40+ degree temps!).

To my weenie eyes it looks like this storm dug a little more south and slowed down compared to what was forecasted yesterday. Any chance this baby bombs and turns the corner in time for Philly to get a nice little hit? Looks like its gonna start warm hopefully it cools down once precip gets going.

To my weenie eyes it looks like this storm dug a little more south and slowed down compared to what was forecasted yesterday. Any chance this baby bombs and turns the corner in time for Philly to get a nice little hit? Looks like its gonna start warm hopefully it cools down once precip gets going.

yea I have weenie eyes too and that thing looks stronger and closer to the coast and appears to be making the turn as we speak... may be an interesting afternoon.... think along the I-95 corridor def have temps issues light rain has begun in DC think here light liquid mixed with sleet then a gradual changeover nw to se....Radar has over performance written all over it.

not gonna happen.

Archived